Red audio waveform.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Red audio waveform.

Postby jeremyst » Thu May 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi. I am new here. Would love to share and learn from you guys. I have this small problem with psp, i added a mp3 file to the show i am making, but it doesn't show at the bottom, if you double-click the slide you see it in there, but it's in red waveform, i don't know what happened, i included a screenshot.
The audio file is working fine, it's playing flawless with the slides. I just thought i'd share this.
What do you think?

Re: Red audio waveform.

Postby cherub » Thu May 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What's happened is that by accident, you've attached your audio track not to the entire show, as you probably wanted, but rather to your first slide, as a slide sound.
The slide sound is usually used for short sound effects that can be included in your show, in parallel with your show audio track/s.

Nothing bad happens, if you are working on a short show with just one audio track. But, if you have several audio tracks, this may cause you a lot of confusion.

To remove the slide sound, go to Slide Options > Slide Sound (at the bottom), > Current Slide Sound
You'll see there your red waveform. Press on Remove.

Postby im42n8 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:11 pm

It would appear that when you added your audio, you added it to a slide (instead of getting dropped on the show's timeline, it got dropped onto the slide instead). It's being treated as a sound file on a slide. It shows up as a red audio track. The slide where the red track starts is the slide containing the audio track (usually ... if you've added an offset, the track will start before (negative offset) or after (positive offset) away from the actual slide to which you've added the soundtrack too.).

In the slide options, click on the suspected slide. In the Slide Options window, look in the lower left corner. Observe the "Background + Sound" section. In lowest layer is "Slide Sound." If there's an audio track assigned, you'll see the audio track's name. Otherwise, you'll see "No Slide Sound" ... that's it.

To assign a sound track to the main audio track, just drag the sound track onto the timeline located directly under the slide thumbnails. Do NOT drop onto the slide (it'll add the sound to the slide and NOT the soundtrack ... and you may see yet another color on the timeline ... one associated with the slide sound and NOT the show timeline).

Remove the slide sound by clicking on the REMOVE option after selecting the Slide Sound layer identified above...

Good luck, good hunting, and have fun! :D

Dale

PS Looks like Mona beat me too it. Ah well ... now you've got 2 people telling you the same thing. . . :)
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby jeremyst » Thu May 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Thank u guys for the reply :)
@im42n8, Cherub. Oh that might actually the case. Lol i didn't notice i accidentally did that. And it is set to play continuously after the current slide.
I will share this vid when i'm done, i'm working on too many png files.
Thank u guys! :)

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Yep - been there done that myself a few times (added the audio to the slide instead of the main track). Confusing the first few times it happens :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting