Problems with .gif animations

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Problems with .gif animations

Postby AMD » Tue May 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted in forever. As a matter of fact, the Forum has a different look since I posted last. However, the "fair weather friend" that I obviously am needs your expert help once again, so here I am.

I am having an issue with some animated .gif elements that I have inserted into a show. The problem just suddenly started. My .gif animations look fine when I preview them. However, after rendering, it is as if I have not used chromo key to get rid of the background. I would think that there is just something wrong with the .gif animations, but they are ones that I have used literally dozens of times--and not just one--but both of the ones I am using.

Does anyone have an opinion as to what the problem might be and how I might resolve it? I did experiment with one of the .gif files by converting it to a video and it worked all right. Just can't understand why this handy element procedure has gone "South" on me.

Thanks,
Ann

Re: Problems with .gif animations

Postby cherub » Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Ann,
If you are sure that you applied the chroma key correctly, including all the necessary checkmarks in the transparency features, then the problem might be in Producer itself.
I haven't used any gif files in Producer 6 yet, so I have no idea if they cause any issues.
I think that the best thing to do is to send those gif files to Photodex service department, and to ask for their help.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting