One show in project no loading

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

One show in project no loading

Postby olivia » Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 am

Hope to get help from you again this time.
Proshow 5.
I have a project with 3 shows. nameshow1-nameshow2-nameshow3.
Completed the show I was workin witk DVD menu, and Proshow crashed.
From this moment it's impossible to load nameshow1.
Comes to 97% and then remains blocked.
Nameshow 2 and 3 nameshow load regularly.
I have tried all suggestions found on this website. Removed files from the program folder. bachkups renamed, moved folders transition, photos, style out program folder to see if was some content blocker.
Proshow reinstalled, no results.
Do you think there is any solution? Please answer easy language I do not know English well (I'm writing from Italy)
Thanks in advance

Re: One show in project no loading

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 13, 2014 10:27 am

Can you load "nameshow1" by itself (not as part of a project)? If not, then make a copy of "nameshow1.psh" and call it "nameshow1_TEST.psh" or something like that. See if that will open OK. If it doesn't load correctly, then it gets a bit more complicated. You can try renaming any sound files used near the end to soundfile_save or something like that so that Proshow can't find the file when it is loading. See if any of those are causing the problem (sound files have been known to cause problems before) (you should get a "file not found" issue when it loads, but if the file is a problem, then at least it will load without that file and you have a clue where the problem is). GIF files have also been known to be corrupted sometimes (I have run into several). Note that you can open the .psh file in a text editor (or wordpad for example) and look through it - it looks a bit cryptic, but you will get the pattern - note that "slide 1" is "cell 0" (cell numbers start at 0 not 1). You will see the pointers in there to the various media files used in the show so you can see which files are used.

If it was crashing during rendering, it is easier to remove slides etc from a temp show to find the issue, but when it is a problem loading the show as you indicate, it gets a bit tougher to find the problem. Anyway, that is where I would start - create a copy of the show.psh file and work with that - if you get it too scrambled, you can always make another copy from the original .psh file and start testing again.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby olivia » Fri May 16, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks Mickey, I made all attempts you have suggested. I have not had any results.
I wasted so much time, I finally made ​​a new show.
Of course I preferred the previous one, can not create the same sequence.
Thank you so much for your help, when I'm hopeless ... when I get to you.!!
And I always find a good answer
Ciao

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Sorry you were not able to find a way to get it to load.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting