Missing frames between VOB files - PSP V6

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Missing frames between VOB files - PSP V6

Postby Edelbert » Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm

I have a 20 minute video on a DVD. The video is physically broken up into five VOB files. When imported (v6 can) they appear as five slides with a transition between each. The problem is that there is some frames missing between the slides (VOB files). I have the transitions set to CUT for 0 seconds. I tried the VOB files from other DVD's and the frames always go missing between the VOB files. Could this be a bug in version 6? Is there a work around this problem? Any ideas out there? Thanks, Edelbert

Re: Missing frames between VOB files - PSP V6

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 08, 2014 4:33 pm

I have not heard of this before, but I'm not sure anyone else works with it like that. I would suggest reporting this to Photodex so they can fix it. I am not aware of a work-around (since I had not heard of it before) in Proshow. The way I would do it (since I have the software) is use Sony Vegas Movie Studio to put the chunks together. I would assume other video editors can also handle that as well. If you are going to be working with video, consider getting one of the lower cost video editors (Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Premiere Elements etc.) One thing you might try (I have not tested it) would be to render to mp4 or some other format (assuming you have the original or are the .VOB files you are using from something where you did not create them??)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Edelbert » Thu May 08, 2014 8:44 pm

The DVD's i am using are original. I have contacted Photodex and their reply was simply that they do not support VOB files. The Version 6 help states:-
[u]ProShow will directly import almost all video files you want to use in your show[/u]. So i tried VOB's and it worked beautifully until i discovered the missing frames. VOB files must then be the ones which are exluded by the statement .....almost..... Thanks for your reply Mikey. I will now convert and then import.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm

I *think* that you can simply change the name of the file from .vob to .mpg since they are mpeg 2 format. I'm not sure if that would make a difference, but worth a try. There are also some utilities out there (and the name escapes me at the moment) that can join mpeg files together end-to-end. You might want to check out something like this: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOBMerge

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting