Producer crashes when I click on my folders

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Producer crashes when I click on my folders

Postby margh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:46 am

Having another problem - Producer was unstable a few weeks ago - not used since then but it was ok eventually - I opened Producer Version 5.0 using Windows 8.1 and create show - OK - as soon as I click on one of the folders to access my photos - it says Producer has stopped working...
I had a lot of trouble even getting the new folder to show up - 3 times it would not show - I closed off all the folders and drives - still the same...finally it did but only the folder and not sub folders and it would crash repeatedly.
I have reinstalled the program over the top - but will try uninstalling and reinstalling next...just feels very unstable since going to windows 8.1

Re: Producer crashes when I click on my folders

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Someone reported they'd found a conflict between Producer and Carbonite, which caused multiple crashes. If you use Carbonite, you might try turning it off while working in Producer. But I guess that's really a stretch, so if you continue having problems, your best bet is to contact Photodex. They're always very helpful.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby margh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 am

Thanks Barbara - never heard of Carbonite....I uninstalled yet again!! and it all worked but its now acting up as I try to add more slides to my show...I am very tempted to go back to Windows 7 as I have had more problems since I changed to Windows 8 - but its been awhile and not sure what to do.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:20 am

If you can, call Photodex's help line. If you can't call, write to them with a detailed description of what's happening.

I've seen enough complaints from people using Windows 8 in various areas of life that I've decided to stick with Win7 for as long as I can.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby margh » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14 pm

definitely stick with windows 7 - thinking of returning to it....have another problem now...but will post separately.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting