Fonts

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Fonts

Postby just4fun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:29 am

I am having to transfer old shows off of an external hard drive onto my new computer. I thought I would post one of the shows that I had not posted in the gallery. I found a couple of issues. When I open the old ppr, the fonts are no longer available and I am having to replace them all one slide at a time because the "default font" is not fitting. As I was doing this, it occurred to me that older templates are all going to have the same problem. Will this also involve purchased ones?

Second issue is that I cannot create a Youtube video out of a ppr? Is there a simple process to combine my small "chapters" into a continuous show?

Vivian
Vivian

Re: Fonts

Postby cherub » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:10 am

Hi Vivian,

ProShow works with the fonts that are installed on your computer, in Windows.
The simplest way to avoid problems is to reinstall the fonts that are reported missing, assuming that you still can get hold of them.

If the same font is repeated in several slides, you can copy the font by right clicking on the word "Font" in Caption Setting > Caption Format. From the menu that opens select the copying option that suits your needs.

As an advice, for your next projects, when you collect the show files for safe keeping or backup purposes, try to copy also the fonts that were used in that show. This would have to be done by you manually, because ProShow doesn't do it automatically.

To create a longer show from your original project, you need to copy and paste everything into a new (and longer) show.
Simply select all the slides in each and every show, and paste them one after the other, in the new show.
This process will not copy the music tracks, so you will have to rebuild it in the new show.

Esteemed Member

Postby just4fun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks Mona, It was going to cost me twelve dollars to get just one font and I did not trust not getting a virus on a free site, so I just changed the font. I am ready to upload to Proshow instead of Youtube because I want it to be more private but I can't get the version 6 button on the publish screen to activate
Vivian

Valued Member

Postby DanMac » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:45 pm

If you still have access to your old computer you can copy the fonts from it.
This might help with any other shows you have the same problem with.
Dan

Esteemed Member

Postby just4fun » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 am

Brilliant idea and it worked. I never know how to properly dispose of computers so I just give them to my nephew so he can clear the hard drives. He has changed lines of work and I don't see him much so I had the two laptops that just went out and my old desktop in the shed and I bought one of those little gadgets that lets you use them like a an external hard drive so I have five hard drives that I can take info from. I am slowly getting everything and must have copied a file that had fonts, because they are there now. Happy mystery as to why they are now here and think your suggestion is the answer to how they just popped up. Must have even put them in the right folders for Proshow to use. I was thinking about going back to the original psh but I am thinking when I did the save, it probably will not know which slides had that font.
Vivian

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting