DVD Publishing issue with Ver 6.0

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Producer 6.0 DVD Publishing Issue

Postby jetfanroy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:02 pm

I just recently upgraded to Producer 6.0 and I found an annoying little thing when I try to Publish to a DVD.
I create a custom menu, under Burning/Disc Options - I select ISO Image file.
Under Disc Label - I put in a custom label (Rachel3-28-14)

When I play the ISO file (Using VLC on a MAC) the Disc Label appears on the 1st slide of the show in an ugly white font and then disappears.
When I tried removing the label and then recreate the ISO file -
I get a "Proshow DVD" label on the 1st slide.

How can I suppress this completely?

Re: Producer 6.0 DVD Publishing Issue

Postby debngar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Try looking in these two places and make appropriate adjustments to see if it helps:

Under Create DVD >Burning, under Disc Options, type what you want the "Disc Label" to say. Sounds like you may have already have done this.

So......

Also look here > Create DVD > Shows > Set Menu Title. Click on the Set Menu Title. Either type what you want here or the text can be deleted in that box.

I usually delete the menu title and put my own in a separate caption when designing a custom menu for each of my shows that wind up on a DVD.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: DVD Publishing issue with Ver 6.0

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:03 pm

The title shown when playing in VLC is a function of the VLC player. The title will not appear when the show is burned to DVD and shown on TV. You can turn off the title in VLC by going into the preferences and under "Subtitles/OSD" uncheck "Show media title on video start".

Barbara

Valued Member

Re: DVD Publishing issue with Ver 6.0

Postby jetfanroy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 am

Thanks Barbara!!
Was going nuts trying to turn it off in Producer - then I decided to burn the disk and sure enough it was gone - so then it dawned on me that it must be a VLC thing!!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting