Has anyone else experienced these PROBLEMS

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Has anyone else experienced these PROBLEMS

Postby margh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Have just joined this forum today so hope I am posting correctly.
I have Windows 8.1 32 bit and using Producer Ver 5. Have used it for sometime tho not opened it recently.
Firstly If I tried to open a new show - I would get a blank box headed Photodex Document #11 or something like that. After a few attempts I uninstalled and reinstalled.
That fixed that problem BUT I added a video - and it kept freezing.
Tried several times and finally it loaded it but then came up with fvideoi.exe has stopped working.
I googled that and found a few different people with same problem and all had contacted support - one was told to delete the .ph and .cfg which I did but still a problem.
Another was told it was a proshow problem....
I tried to play the video in Producer was all distorted...then a box came up with
Ox6a680065 memory could not be written..........and that was called Werfault.exe
and also Mouse and Keyboard stopped working but they are all fine....very confusing. Computer has totally frozen and had to be powered down many times thru this.
Just went back to Producer and tried to play the show again....starts off and then the picture gets all distorted and then the sound gets distorted.
When I click STOP it came back up with the Wer error again- have tried with smaller videos but still the same problem.
then another box came with "You shouldn’t see me: pxplay.exe" error OxOO4e639c
At that stage I just sent all this information to the support team but wondered if others have had this problem and any solution?

Re: Has anyone else experienced these PROBLEMS

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm not familiar with Windows 8, so I don't know if you have shortcuts on your desktop or not, but, try to do this:
Close the program. right click on the shortcut for ProShow and choose "Run as administrator".
Alternatively, you can do the same with proshow.exe, located in the installation directory of the program.

Let us know if this changed anything for you.

Postby heckydog » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:36 am

My first thought is it sounds to me like an underpowered computer. What are the specs on your system? Processor, RAM, video card, how old is your computer, etc?

Open PSP, go to Help>About Proshow, and see what it says for GPU Benchmark.

The Werfault.exe program is just an error reporting utility for Windows. It doesn't create problems, it just reports them to Microsoft.

Joe

Postby margh » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:21 am

Firstly - thank you for your replies - I just looked for the Benchmark and it says 140 - what does that mean...never noticed it before.
I have done countless shows and no problems like these - just the normal type problems which have all been answered by support.
Intel core i5 750 @ 2.67 ghz
4gb ram and its probably just over 4 years since I had everything rebuilt.
But as I say I have never had these sort of problems and wondered if it has something to do with Windows 8.1 upgrade.
Have made shows with Windows 8 but upgraded to 8.1 at the end of last year....don't think I have made a show since.

Just another point - a few months ago I was on skype and there was a dreadful noise in one of my speakers and I unplugged it was so bad - I presumed it was
a problem in the speaker itself so I have just operated on one speaker.
Not very savvy re sound card - I know it has Realtek - but again someone had similar problems that contacted support and it was a problem within the Program itself.
Hope I have answered all your questions.
Thanks so much.... just anxious to get this fixed and hoping support get back to me soon but thought someone here may have a solution.

Postby heckydog » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 am

The computer looks okay, the benchmark is fine, so that doesn't seem to be an issue. Nobody knows how they calculate the benchmark, but higher is better. And over 100 is really better. And over 150 is "holy cow is that better"!!! It sort of goes like that. :roll:

Found this thread from 2010, Mona was part of this one too, but the last post may be of some help.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14625

Realtek makes the drivers for your onboard audio. If the above link doesn't help, you could try updating the Realtek drivers. http://www.realtek.com.tw/

I just got finished upgrading my PC and boy can I sympathize with people who have these annoying, frustrating, hard to diagnose issues. :x

Joe

Postby margh » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks Joe - tried that solution but then the video did not even load at all and shut the program down - when I unticked the video importing option that shut the program down.
I will try to update the drivers but somehow this seems to be a very involved problem and I cannot understand why reinstalling it did not work...thanks for replying.

Postby margh » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 pm

plus I am really lost in trying to update drivers - not sure what I am doing there.

Postby margh » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:54 pm

I think I have solved all this...realised that none of my videos would play independently from Producer - so worked out how to try to update the REalteck driver but it would not update - so found that solution which you probably know - to choose BROWSE when updating and type in C:\Windows\WinSxs and then it updated successfully.
I then found my AVI's would play BUT the one that I had put in the show still would not play - found several that have evidently not copied over properly so it seems that part of the problem was in corrupted AVI files.
Hopefully its all sorted and I can now burn my show.
Appreciate everyone's help. Glad I found this forum.

Postby heckydog » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:51 am

Well, glad you got it solved. And, you got your drivers updated in the process. Those avi files were probably corrupt, or an obscure codec, before they were copied to your computer.

And, no, I didn't know about C:\Windows\WinSxs, so I learned something too.

Also, welcome to the forum. :D

Joe

Postby margh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks Joe for your welcome and your help.
Have never had a problem with any of the AVi files before - I just copied them over from my SD card and there were 3 at a time so maybe I just need to copy over one at a time next time...as they were about 20 minutes each.....all good.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting