Menu for project executable

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Menu for project executable

Postby trulytango » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:12 am

Burning the midnight oil last night, finishing off a set of 4 shows for a community group to be shown later this morning.

Four shows, one project. Each show under 5 minutes. Each show named and saved, files collected... project saved. I don't think I did anything untoward. Anyway, I decided to create an exe with a simple menu comprising a list of all 4 show titles.

I put the shows in the order I wanted them to appear... but on completion the exe menu behaved very strangely. The titles appeared to be in the right order, but the show attached to each title was a different one.

I checked and double checked everything I could, but to no avail.

In the end I had to ditch the menu altogether and choose No Menu :x

So, teeth clenched this end... and no doubt later tonight, after the the presentation is over and I return home, I will go straight to the problem and resolve it? :roll:

Thanks for listening...
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Re: Menu for project executable

Postby cherub » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:29 am

Just to show you that I've listened :D
But, I don't have any additional ideas, apart from what I'm sure you have already tried. :cry:

Postby im42n8 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:01 am

Whoa! :shock:

You don't say what version you're using.... but, if it's v6 (like I suspect) ... it's probable that the culprit is the program. Especially if you've removed the PHD file and tried again. If you can get the same result, you might contact Photodex and tell them about the unique "Help" the program is giving you in arranging/rearranging your shows relative to the menu. :)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:52 am

One thing you might want to consider is not using an executable unless you are working with known hardware (stuff you have used before). Executables often act different on different systems because they are so dependent on how the hardware works. My preference is to use something like an MP4 or something although that does not give you a menu to work with. As others have indicated, if you can create a couple of simple little shows and get the same confusing results building a menu, contact Photodex - you may have discovered an "undocumented feature" (AKA "bug")

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Iris! <waving hand> :D

Don't you hate it when those things happen right before a deadline. :( Wish I could be of more help but I rarely use the exe option and rarely output more than one show at a time.

im42n8 wrote:---snip---
You don't say what version you're using.... but, if it's v6 (like I suspect) ... it's probable that the culprit is the program. Especially if you've removed the PHD file and tried again. If you can get the same result, you might contact Photodex and tell them about the unique "Help" the program is giving you in arranging/rearranging your shows relative to the menu. :)
Dale

Unless Iris has Producer 6 and her signature hasn't been updated, it looks like Producer 5.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 5 (GPU Benchmark 336), Canon 20D, Canon Powershot G15
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 pm

It is really very simple and anybody that has been working with computers and electronics is familiar with the issue .....

Crisis Detector

WARNING: A special circuitry in this machine called a "crisis detector" senses the users emotional state in terms of how desperately they need to use the machine. The crisis detector then creates a malfunction proportional to the desperation of the user. Threatening the machine with violence or the use of curses and obscenities may soothe the user, but will not fool the crisis detector and will only aggravate the situation. Likewise, attempts to use another machine may cause it to malfunction because they belong to the same union. Keep calm and say nice things to the machine. Nothing else seems to work!

(I used to have this notice posted on my main file server at work for years :twisted: )
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby im42n8 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 pm

It's a Murphy's Law ...
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby trulytango » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:06 am

Hi Guys

Still on 5 at this end. Not really used Producer much at all lately but I do intend to upgrade at some point.

Needing a menu was the only reason I went down the exe route. Other times I usually opt for video output, especially since I got this particular machine which does a great job rendering. Anyway, I'm glad it's all over and the exe played fine on a pretty decent laptop I use when I'm out and about.

Last night I went back into PSP and discovered I could have fixed the menu by poking around a little deeper into 'Custom' menu settings... something I hadn't considered (or perhaps forgotten about) the night before. Besides, why should I have to go into Custom mode when the menu itself was so simple? Looking back I'm wondering if I screwed things up by reordering the original sequence of the shows in the project - something I will maybe test out later just in case it is a glitch in the software that gave me so much grief.

I have a big show to do over the next two weeks - it's my parent's Diamond Wedding Anniversary on 27th March. 60 years!

Keep Calm and evade the Crisis Detector 8)
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:31 am

Glad it worked out for you !! These things can be very frustrating (especially at the usual time of 3AM the day it is supposed to be done)

mikey

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting