Finding "lost files" which are not lost!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Honorary ProShow PHD

Finding "lost files" which are not lost!

Postby Rosemary » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 am

Hi everyone,
I have been updating my older Producer shows. One show in particular Proshow could not find the pathway to the backgrounds that I had used. I entered the pathway several times with no success. In the end I replaced the backgrounds with Producer's own backgrounds and saved the show. Now each time I open that particular show I get the message "Some files are missing would you like to search for them?" I click "no" and the show loads with my new backgrounds. Does anyone have any idea what I am missing? I have removed .phd, cfg, and pxc files and am reluctant to re install because I seem to lose so many non Producer slide styles. I am using Producer 5.0.3297

Thanks,

Rosemary

Re: Finding "lost files" which are not lost!

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:47 am

Try a fresh "collect show files" procedure with the "overwrite file " box checked. Proactively note and choose the show folder where you want the the collected files and their folders to be collected.

Each of my shows start out with their own show folder. Once I do a "collect files" that main show folder, the program generates three others inside that show folder.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting