Vimeo uploading problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Vimeo uploading problem

Postby irina1208 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Hello, everyone,

I created slide show and want to upload to Vimeo. I register there and try to upload my show from ProShow Producer 5.

When uploading began I saw message - "ProShow producer has a problem and need to close program". I try to open ProShow Producer again and try to upload show one more time. After 3 minutes I had the same situation - ProShow still close program. I try to open one more time and try to save this show to my computer.
After 3 minutes ProShow stopped working again.

So, how I can solve this problem? I doing wrong things?

Thanks,

Irina.

Re: Vimeo uploading problem

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Try this:

Close the program, then delete the proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files in the software's folder. It should clear the memory.

Instead of rendering and uploading through ProShow in one step, render the show to a file saved to your computer first, then upload at the website .

I don't use Vimeo but use this method to upload to YouTube and have good success with that.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby irina1208 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks, Debbie,

I try do what you're suggest, but I can't find any proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files. :?

Postby debngar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:27 am

irina1208 wrote:Thanks, Debbie,

I try do what you're suggest, but I can't find any proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files. :?

debngar wrote: - snip - delete the proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files in the software's folder - snip -

Windows/Program Files (x86)/Photodex (or Proshow - whatever you named the program folder upon installation).

When looking at the list of files in your folders, if the file extensions are not visible, then change the settings.

In Windows 7 - this is the path to the settings to unhide file extensions. I don't know where it is in the other Window OS versions. Someone else will have to point you in the right direction if that's the case.

Control Panel > Personalization > Tools > Folder Options > View > Advance Settings

Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

Then look for those two files again in the program folder and delete them.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby irina1208 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:47 pm

Thank you Debbie.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting