Garbled sound

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Garbled sound

Postby Gregory » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 pm

I get garbled sound when I use the crop tool on a video clip, any solutions?(Producer 6)

Re: Garbled sound

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:49 pm

I've never heard of that problem. I just tried a crop on a short 6 second video (using version 6) and my clip played ok.

Until someone else suggests a different solution, see if this suggestion suits you. Try inserting a plain white mask layer over the video layer. Size it as needed, place it in the area the video is to appear and zoom the video layer beneath it to the desired cropped size. It doesn't have to be a rectangle. It can be masked with a different shaped mask or gradient mask too.

Layer 1 - Mask
--->Layer 2 - Video

Hope that makes sense.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Gregory » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks Deb I will give it a try. I had the same issue with version 4.5 and hoped that yhe new would take care of it.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Probably the best suggestion would be to create a very short demo show that shows the problem and contact Photodex with the issue. Since you have seen this problem since 4.5, it does not sound like something that just happened. I have not run into the issue myself, but then I don't usually use the crop tool with video either. I don't remember anyone else mentioning that here in the past.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby carnut2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:26 pm

I have the same problem with PSP 4.5.
mp3 (192 bit rate) that plays well in Winamp, VLC and Windows media player is garbled. Not all songs but several off the same source.
Any ideas?

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting