preview playback issue

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

preview playback issue

Postby RoseW » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm

A show in progress and while editing last week Producer froze eventually I had to force it to close with the system.
Restarted and saved that show with another name. (Saved As 'new name' works well...and other shows worked)
That's the background that might be connected to the fact that the preview will not load in small or full preview while working in a show. I deleted the files having that name and have continued with the saved as a new name versions.
When this sort of thing happens what is a likely follow up action to do ? I figure I was lucky to be able to resave and be successful.

Another feature I notice is that Producer lags when the preview play button is clicked. There is an amount of time loading before it plays. Is this because there is more 'stuff' behind the scenes to collect? The gold version was quite immediate when a preview was done.

I gather that it is the same player used to do the preview as is used to create the .exe file. After the recent update I could view online .exe shows but I think my Producer and the player are not 'talking to one another' completely smoothly. The pxplayer.exe is version 6.0 0 3410 (1/01/13) installed 2/14/14 located in the Producer programme folder. There is a Photodex Presenter folder with the same player. Overall there are three pxplayer.exe on my machine
(Gold, Producer and Presenter folders)

Just wondering about this condition.
Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Re: preview playback issue

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:56 am

I have had things get confused before and found I did have to delete the .pxc (cache) file for a show (it holds some sort of intermediate format versions of the sound, images and videos etc that gets used for previews etc.). If that file gets scrambled, Proshow has problems, but you can safely exit Proshow, delete the cache file for the show and restart it since it will rebuild that file.

As far as your comment about being able to play .exe files form the net - I think you have that wrong - I assume you are referring to files on the sharing site for example? (sample shows) - if so, then those are in the photodex stream format - they are .px files (running .exe files from the net of any kind is NOT a good idea :shock: ). Presenter is what is used to play the .px files - either ones you have created locally or from the sharing (or other web) site. It often takes a bit to download at least some of the show before it starts to play (I have never figured out exactly how much it downloads before starting).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting