Sound file fades don't work

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Sound file fades don't work

Postby furilla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm

I have been using Proshow for sometime now and I have recently run into a problem getting sound to fade. I have tried both putting the soundtrack within a slide and putting it on the Soundtrack for the show. In any case I cannot get the fade to work and it is seriously impacting the show i am putting together. Is there something i am missing? It seems pretty straightforward.

I should add, the behavior on the fade in is the same (no fade).

Re: Sound file fades don't work

Postby furilla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:29 pm

I ended up going back to something i tried some time ago. Deleting the programs cache files...

1) Right-Click the icon you usually use to launch the application.
2) Click "Properties".
3) Look for a button called “Find Target…” or “Open File Location” which takes you to the program files.
4) Please locate a file in this window called "proshow.phd" and delete it. Do the same for "proshow.cfg"
5) Then try again.
6) I also deleted the PCX file

None of this worked... Ideas welcome

Ed
Last edited by furilla on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Glad that solved it for you, however, those are not the cache files - those (which do get screwed up sometimes) are in the same directory as your show and have the same name as the show except the file extension is .pxc - your show file will be show_name.psh and the cache file is show_name.pxc You can delete the cache file outside of Proshow (exit Proshow first), delete the cache then restart Proshow and open your show - it will rebuild the cache file again. If that file gets screwed up, strange things can happen. The Proshow.phd and Proshow.cfg are configuration and database files used by the program - they also get recreated with the default values if you delete them.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby furilla » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:46 am

You were correct...I spoke too soon and still have the issue. I have now deleted the PXC file and restarted the show and still no resolution. One more symptom: the sound volume doesn't seem to work as well.

Thanks
Ed

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Drop me a pm and I will help you figure out what is going on.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting