Slidestyles not loading properly and crashing PSP

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Slidestyles not loading properly and crashing PSP

Postby ladyt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:56 am

I have used PSP intermittently over the last 2 months, and am experiencing issues with certain slidestyles. I noticed it when trying to load a few of Jennifer Clark's slidestyles which contained video (Sparkles, etc.) Jennifer converted the WMVs to MP4s and we I could use the recreated styles fine. Thought we had the problem solved.

Today, (just because I'm on a tight deadline, I guess), I am trying to create a memorial program using some of her slidestyles. The styles keep trying to load, I can't turn off the video layer, and PSP locks up, and I have to do the old CTL-ALT-DEL to close out the program.

Unfortunately Jennifer is out of her office today and can't help me with this immediate problem. Any suggestions who or what the culprit is? I am using 5.03310.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Slidestyles not loading properly and crashing PSP

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Just a shot in the dark, because I have no idea what kind of video is being used:

What happens if you do this:
Playback Preferences > Playback > Video Importing
Uncheck "Avoid using DirectShow when possible" and then "Done".

PS. I didn't know that CTL-ALT-DEL is considered "old" :D
What is the "new" version ? :D :D

Esteemed Member

Postby ladyt » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Unfortunately, Mona, still experienced the same issues. Jennifer suggested that I kick this to Photodex, which I did. Awaiting their response.

Thanks for your help.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:20 pm

One thing to consider - depending on what version you are running, they (Photodex) just released 6.0.3410 for public use today that has a number of issues identified recently fixed.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting