Color Profile-Choosing?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Color Profile-Choosing?

Postby RoseW » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 pm

All my equipment is calibrated so there is a 'profile'
The resulting slideshow produced for computer will be played on a laptop through a calibrated projector.
The projector calibration profile does not reside on my desktop therefore is not available as a choice.
I haven't installed the Proshow viewer on the laptop because I used video format to date.

I assume if I copy the projector profile over to the Windows7 drivers folder then it will show up as a choice in Producer.

Otherwise the images in the show have AdobeRGB1988.icc embedded
(This color profile awareness was one of my main reasons for upgrading; more so than the fine detail control <grin>)

I was just starting to do the 'Publish' step and it might be a long rendering time so I stopped and reread the pdf which has no information.
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Esteemed Member

Re: Color Profile-Choosing?

Postby Dieter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:11 am

Hello RoseW,
I hope I understand it right. When you make a Publish for Beamer/Projektor or TV is it sufficient when you set sRGB - your Beamer and TV can only sRGB.
Adobe RGB is too much for both , because they can this not represent.
Your Slides can have sRGB too.

I hope this helps - best regards Dieter

Valued Member

Re: Color Profile-Choosing?

Postby RoseW » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:51 am

I did a test run and discovered I likely have to recalibrate the projector since the result was a little too dark.
The difficulty is guessing what the room lighting will be for the final presentation. Past experience has established that the rooms are not 'theater dark' so my oriiginal projector calibration sort of allowed for 'semi lit conditions'.
The second test was to use the 'available monitor calibration' within the presenter.exe configuration.
Playing back this on the laptop was much better than it was in the past using the Gold version.

My projector (an Epson) has the choices of using AdobeRGB or other such as a calibrated profile or just srgb.
Previously I used srgb in the images because Gold is not a color managed system. I think Producer is communicating with the profile in the images.

I am not likely ever going to do TV presentations or DVD or videos to web
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting