PSP 6.0.3397

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

PSP 6.0.3397

Postby donco234 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:55 am

This is a small issue but would like to know if someone has the answer.

I recently made an intro that plays when my DVD or BluRay is first inserted like the "Proshow" default. It works fine except the intro shows in 4:3 screen aspect when the rest of the show is in 16:9. I can't find anywhere in the create or show properties to fix this.

any input appreciated.
Don

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: PSP 6.0.3397

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Does the ProShow logo shows up squished as well? I thought this issue had been resolved. I do not typically use the intro feature. But if you search the forum using the term Aspect Ratio, you will find a few threads on this problem. A possible suggested solution is to use iFoEdit. Here is a link on how to check/change the aspect ratio flag in your DVD output if that is truly the problem. You will only have to do this for the introduction since you indicated that the rest of the DVD is playing well.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/f14/usi ... 59409.html

Let us know if this helped you solve the issue.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 am

For a wide-screen version of this Photodex intro, you need to select that version. So, to do that, hit the "Select Show" button and navigate go to the folder in which you installed ProShow (if it doesn't open to that folder automatically). Then, open the PXF folder. Now, locate "intro-wide.psh" ... this is the widescreen version. The 4:3 version is "intro.psh".

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:56 am

Mona shared a clever way to avoid the hassle of dealing with a separate intro show file by turning it into a slide style with its own attached soundtrack.

See further comments on that in the thread below . This would alleviate problems with the aspect ratio. A style could be saved for both aspects and easily used as needed.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21584&hilit=intro
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby donco234 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:51 pm

:wink:

Thanks everyone. I think I have it. I went to "Layer Settings, Layer Setup" and there was a setting for one of my layers set to 4:3.
As always, I learned a lot finding the answer to this one.
Thanks for the replies.
Don

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting