RE: convert Text to Layer Anyone had this happen?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

RE: convert Text to Layer Anyone had this happen?

Postby donco234 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 am

Running PSP 6.0.3397 good computer with lots of memory and disk space.

Had some issues with PSP6 when first out but have resolved most of them(updated drivers for video and audio did the most good). I did have one issue that took me a lot of time to resolve. Previous to PSP 6 I had made my text 3D layers in Photoshop and saved them as a .png file to load as a layer in PSP and they worked fine. After upgrading from PSP 5 to PSP 6 I decided to try the Text to layer function on a show that had been 90% completed in PSP 5. The text to layer function seemed to work well and played back in presenter just fine. However, when rendering the show, the render would crash PSP 6 so badly that it just closed. It would consistently crash on the same frame which I observed by watching the small render window. The frame that I eventually found crashed it was the frame after the one that seemed to be rendering. I set out to find the real culprit by eliminating frames and layers and putting them back if they weren't the problem. Finally, I eliminated the text layers (made from a standard Windows font) and problem gone. Went back to my old Photoshop method and no more problems.

Incidentally, I have other text to layer occurrences in this and other shows that work fine.
Don

Re: RE: convert Text to Layer Anyone had this happen?

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 am

This sounds like one of those glitches you'll never find the reason for. The only thing I can think of is that the specific font you'd chosen had some kind of anomaly in it that gave Producer indigestion when rendering. If you haven't tried already, you might create one- or two-slide shows with text converted to layers and doing a quick render on them to see if all such layers crash Producer or if it was something peculiar in that single show. If it crashes consistently, contact Photodex about it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting