Prohow Producer 6 - Crash

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Prohow Producer 6 - Crash

Postby ukgordi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm asking a silly question.

I've been trialing Producer 6 and have experienced regular crashes when clicking on the slide transition icon in the build module.If I attempt to make a transition change by going to FX (Effects)>transitions I can make changes without experiencing any problems. Has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong. I'm running Producer 6.0.3397, on a Windows 7 64bit machine with 16gb of ram.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

Gordon (UKgordi)

Re: Prohow Producer 6 - Crash

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few threads that have discussed this and how to handle it. It's not likely so much related to where the user clicks.

Here's one recent thread you can read that describes how to deal with the problem:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22367

And another one:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22259&p=168284&hilit=crash#p168284

Sometimes the culprit can be a corrupted piece of content, image, audio file, or video clip. So in some cases that can take time to track down.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21620&p=164587&hilit=crash#p164587
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ukgordi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:39 am

Hello Debbie,

Thanks for your help.I've looked at the links and can see that this problem, or ones like it, is more widespread than I thought. Thus far I've not lost any data and have tried different images with the same problem recurring. Maybe I'll do a clean reinstall when I purchase Producer 6, as I love the program and can live (for now) with this little bug. To date it's the only problem I've encountered but maybe I'm speaking too soon.

Thanks again,

Gordon

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 am

Try deleting the two small files first. That to me is the easiest solution and often does the trick.

Also, when you purchase, you shouldn't have to reinstall. Try just applying the registration information to the required boxes and the branding across the screen should go away.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ukgordi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks for the advice I will follow it.

Gordon

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting