Presenter random problems with V6

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Presenter random problems with V6

Postby Jeep » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 am

Has anybody encountered problems while running gallery shows with Presenter 6.0.3397 installed specially with Firefox or IE 11 ?
It seems that there are some random blocking situations in certain cases but with difficulty to point out the reason.

Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Re: Presenter random problems with V6

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 am

A number of people have had problems on Photodex's gallery site. It's not precisely a browser problem. Instead, it may be a coding issue at the Photodex side of things.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 am

I've had problems with the Presenter crashing when trying to view shows in users galleries the Photodex site too.

I believe Photodex is looking into the cause.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Jeep » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:29 am

Thank you Barbara and Debbie, I'm not alone !!!!
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 am

Yeah, the darned thing often simply crashes presenter. Usually a refresh works but not always right away. The part I don't like is that I don't get the report that presenter crashed until some time has gone by first.

When I installed v6, I got a message that presenter didn't install (for some reason I'm still not aware of). I didn't pay attention to it ... I thought it was some other message and cleared it, only to become aware of what it said right at the point where it was too late for me to recover from it. I had to install presenter in a stand along situation. Reinstalling v6 didn't fix the problem ... I don't think I've ever had this problem before. Nor have I had presenter fail in such a public way ... yeah, it's crashed before but usually I have to guess at what happened. Now, it's more in your face (upfront and personal): PRESENTER CRASHED.

Ah well ... not ready for prime time bugs... :| C'est La Vie.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:24 am

A number of us have reported it to Photodex they are currently scratching their collective heads trying to figure out just what the issue really is. What often seems to happen (at least from my viewpoint) is I click on a show in my gallery. It thinks about it for 10 seconds or so, crashes presenter, but then clicking on the same show now works the second time and then the rest of the shows seem to be OK also. Not clear if it is an interaction between latest FireFox, phase of the moon, new year or just what, but they are aware of the issue. It's times like this that I would rather be the "reporter of the problem" than the "fixer of the problem" :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Sergio » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 pm

I've also a problem to Presenter v6.0.3395 or v6.0 3397.
This problem appeared after several days of normal functioning with presenter 6.0.3395.
When I start a streaming on my PC (px ), pxplay opens and stops very quickly.
When I start a streaming on the server Photodex, one black window opens and nothing takes place.
Then, the problem is permanent, even after several installations.
Having reinstalled Presenter V5.0.3297 or v5.0.3310, the functioning becomes again normal.
This bug’s present at the moment on a PC with Windows 7/64 Premium edition and with IE11 or Chrome-plates as browser.
Sergio
ProShow Producer v5, CANON 7D, Online Sharing Photodex:SergioP Online Sharing Youtube:SergioGalerie

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Many thanks for this heads up. I have Win7 and the latest v5 of PP and have had no problems. I've decided to stick with Win 7, and now I'll delay going to v6 of PP until the bugs have been ironed out.

Nancy

Postby mimifurby » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:35 am

Hi,

Jeep wrote:Thank you Barbara and Debbie, I'm not alone !!!!

Jeep, you know very well that you are not alone on the French side to have problems wirth PSP V6 :twisted:

Thank you Debbie, Barbara, Mikey and Dale for your testimonies.
I would have liked to see Dale on the French forum to express himself on the subject.

I am a Lucky one, having no problem with PSP 6.0.3397 and Presenter, I can watch the Galleries on Photodex, create EXE, Video files, use Proshow Remote, open old shows, create new shows and I try to help others on the French forum . :)

I renewed my licence for PSP V6, and wait now for a new clean release of Producer.
Mimifurby (from France)
Dell Alienware Aurora R4- Ram:16 Gb - NVIDIA GTX 680
2 Dell U2713HM 27" W - Win10/64 - PSP 8.0.3648
Photodex :mimifurby
Vimeo :http://vimeo.com/channels/mimifurby

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:24 am

The only problem I encountered was in the Photodex galleries, and it was merely a matter of slowness (using the latest Firefox). In the past when there have been gallery problems, Photodex has drilled down to the cause and fixed it. No doubt they'll do this again. If you're waiting to upgrade to version 6 based solely on gallery function, and unless that's where you do the majority of your work, you might want to upgrade, particularly if you're still within your free-upgrade year. What many of us do is install the newest version to a separate folder, thus having two versions on our computers. As far as I know, we can't have two versions of Presenter, which is something to consider.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby nancyrbogen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:29 am

Thank you all so much for ignoring me.

Before I bid you all a fond farewell for utterly ignoring me, have a look-listen to my LICORICE MOMENTS on Vimeo, which features an illustrated reading of "Ou sont les neiges":

https://vimeo.com/81679051

GOODBYE,
Nancy Bogen

Postby Apolinaire » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:06 am

Jeep wrote:I'm not alone !!!!

Oh no Jeep! You're not alone! We are dozens on the French forum who have the problem with Presenter. May be except you saying that all is right at home... But not for me.
Apolinaire

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:57 am

nancyrbogen wrote:Thank you all so much for ignoring me.

Before I bid you all a fond farewell for utterly ignoring me, have a look-listen to my LICORICE MOMENTS on Vimeo, which features an illustrated reading of "Ou sont les neiges":

GOODBYE,
Nancy Bogen

HUH? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not sure the reason for those comments but the place to post shows is in the sample show section. No one is obligated to respond to anyone's posts. But looking back it seems like there have been plenty of responses to your questions.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:07 am

debngar wrote:
nancyrbogen wrote:Thank you all so much for ignoring me.

GOODBYE,
Nancy Bogen

HUH? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not sure the reason for those comments but the place to post shows is in the sample show section. No one is obligated to respond to anyone's posts. But looking back it seems like there have been plenty of responses to your questions.

I have to second what Debbie said .... huh??? There is a problem related to presenter, we were discussing it and the fact Photodex was aware of it and trying to find the problem and somehow we seem to have stepped on some toes. Danged if I can understand where that came from. How did we get from "thanks for the heads up" to "totally ignoring me" ????

mikey (who is more confused than usual)
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting