Gray bar at bottom during transitions HELP!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Gray bar at bottom during transitions HELP!

Postby Donna77642 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:12 pm

USING: Windows 7, 64bits, IE11, Producer 5.03256

I am certain I did not have my current issue when I used transitions in Producer before I restored my laptop, but now I have a gray bar (about the size of our taskbar) that pops up during the transition, then goes back down when the next image appears...then comes back up on the next transition...on so on). It does it on every transitions, no matter which one I pick. It shows on full screen preview, on regular preview, and ultimately on any burned DVD or created mp4.

If someone could give me an idea what I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate it because I need to create a memorial DVD and am running out of time.

Thank you so much!

Donna

Re: Gray bar at bottom during transitions HELP!

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Weird. Have you deleted the show's PXC file or the program's PHD file to see if that might resolve the problem?

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Donna77642 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:07 pm

LOL... not sure what that file is, but I will try to search and find it and then delete it. Thank you so much for the suggestion and for the incredibly fast reply!

Donna

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:12 pm

The cache file (PXC) is located in the same folder as you show.

The database (PHD) is located in the root folder of where the program is installed.

Dale

PS Good luck ... hopefully that solves the problem
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm

If Dale's suggestions for deleting those files doesn't work, you might as well go for broke and reinstall Producer.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Good Idea Barbara. Yep, if it keeps happening, who knows what other file(s) is(are) corrupted? Installing over the original install is another (next to last) resort for problems such as these.

Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Back a year or so ago, Producer got so garbled on me that deleting the .phd and .cfg files did nothing at all to help. I went the severe route: uninstalled Producer, then gave it a fresh install. This was the only way to solve whatever went wrong. The interesting thing about the severe route is that it really takes precious little time to do. I wonder why I didn't think to install to a different folder? It dawns on me that this would have been a safe way of doing it, uninstalling the broken version afterward.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Donna77642 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. So far, I have tried them all and nothing has worked, so, you know what, those gray bars are kind of growing on me. LOL, in other words, I can't fix it, so I will try to ignore it since my deadline to have this done is pressing.

You are all so gracious to have replied so quickly! I appreciate it, everyone!

Donna

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Depending on your timeline, you might give Photodex a try.

WRT the transitions, it might be a defective transition. Something that it needs might not have been transferred... or something else. Have you tried replacing that transition with something else to see if that resolves the problem? Sometimes a transition simply doesn't work or is corrupt. While this may be a weird problem, it could be the transition ... or it could be a style on the incoming slide (and the style has a problem). Not sure what your situation is here but, when nothing else works, you start working with the improbable (and grasping for straws) ... miracles are also highly welcome in such situations.

:D

Dale

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:40 pm

She indicated it did it on any transition, no matter which one she picked so that (at least in my mind) tends to rule out something about a particular transition. Almost sounds like an aspect ratio thing or something although I have never seen that before.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:53 pm

I'm curious, does it show up when using an AB fade transition as well?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Yep, missed that ... should have re-read the darned first message. It almost sounds like the transitions didn't get read right after the program was installed. This gray line is a new one on me.

Yep, I'm betting Photodex might want to get wind of this one. Weird problem...
Dale

Postby Donna77642 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:13 pm

My apologies because I think this issue was posted somewhere else, but I wanted to leave an update here in case someone else had the same problem and wondered at the solution. Also wanted to let you know (for the benefit of anyone else being plagued by this issue) that the first few I found DID have gray bars, but most of the ones found had a bright, vivid lime green bar at the bottom.

The issue, we believe (the creator of the transition and I) that it is my Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver from Toshiba that is not reading the transition video file correctly. However, I am blessed because the creator is graciously helping me replace them with versions that my computer can handle. Amazing how generous some people are!!!

Anyway, thank you for your help and, if anyone out there is finding green (or gray) bars on the bottoms of their transitions, it is probably the graphics driver on the computer causing it.

Thanks again to all your marvelously talented, kind souls!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting