Proshow Producer 5.332 trasitions

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow Producer 5.332 trasitions

Postby heidiprovost » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:48 am

HELP!! I am working on a project for Christmas which has currently 10 shows (more need to be added) . All of a sudden yesterday everytime I tried to change or edit a transition I would get an 'out of memory' error and proshow would crash. I was able, using the .bak files to restore most of the shows. Odd thing is the really complicated ones opened with little problem. I have begun to rebuild the others and seem to everything but transitions. Every show is defaulted to the AB one. I have reinstalled Proshow making sure all antivirus and firewalls are off, I have opened a blank show and tried to click on transition only to have the program crash again. I have also tried to manually install the transitions to no avail. Anybody have any insight. Thank you

Re: Proshow Producer 5.332 trasitions

Postby nancyrbogen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd get in touch with Proshow support on the phone.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 am

Ditto to Nancy's reply. This requires serious help.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:54 am

I don't know if this will help at this point but with the program closed, try deleting proshow.PHD file and proshow.CFG files in the program folder. They will regenerate when the program opens again.

I've found it helps to make frequent saves in the editing process. When/if the program notably starts slowing/bogging down, that's the time to save again, close and exit to refresh the memory.

That may not help at the moment but should help in the future once you get it sorted out.

Also, I don't know if you had previously chosen transitions that have video clips in them, but I've found that video clips can bog down performance as well because the file sizes are large. I hope you're able to find the specific help you need with the PHotodex support line.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting