Strange and unwanted lines

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Strange and unwanted lines

Postby RALC » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:43 am

I am based in the UK & using Producer Ver 5.0.3310.
Within a show I have a slide which is set at a zoom of 360% and positioned in the frame in one corner. During the 30 second slide time, the slide zooms from 360% to 100%. No problems with that. The show is then rendered into an Executable file, for showing from a laptop via a Canon digital projector (native resolution of 1400 x 1050). The show plays perfectly until the zoomed slide appears. During the zooming process, four very thin lines, both vertical and horizontal, "flash" up across the slide, one at a time, at about 10 seconds into the zooming process. And I mean "flash very fast" too - blink and you'd miss them.
I have changed various settings to the zooming process, like to the "curve of motion path" but to no avail. This aberration/artefact is not apparent during the build or design stage, only when the EXE file is played.
Any advice would be welcome - thank you and the season’s greetings.
Ruari Cumming ARPS.

Re: Strange and unwanted lines

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:15 am

I think that problem was supposed to have been fixed by r3310. However, in my case, the problem showed up once YouTube converted the show into whatever format it uses. I'm surprised it's showing up in an EXE. Are you creating a show that's 1400x1050 (or 4:3)? Or is it some other aspect?

I would send this show off to Photodex and tell them what you're seeing ... and see if they see the thing on their end. I wonder if this is something that might have been "fixed" in v6?

The zoom process that you're trying will resolve nothing if it's what I think it is ... it has something to do with interpolation and frame rates (which isn't something that you have any control over with an EXE output).

If this is something you reliably see, I'd definitely send Photodex the show as a problem report and see what they might be able to tell you.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby RALC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:17 am

Hi Dale.
Very many thanks for your prompt response. Glad (to some extent!) that I am not the only one to see this fault.
The show is being created with the rendering target size pre-set to 1400 x 1050.
The output has to be in Executable format.
I have cut down the show to just the zooming slide and a static slide on either side, to accelerate uploading, tested the Exe version and the error still persists.
Up loaded this show to Photodex and await their response - would you wish to be told that also ?
Faults I have reported to Photodex in the past are normally met with “your antivirus security software is causing the problem” or “use misconfig to reduce the number of processes running in background” etc. etc.
However, one must be positive and hope a solution is found quickly. I really don’t want to spend more money on further upgrades, just to sort this one out, especially if it has, as you say “….that problem was supposed to have been fixed by r3310…”
Kind regards
Ruari Cumming ARPS

Postby im42n8 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:47 am

You know, just for the heck of it, you can also render it to AVI or MPG just to see if the problem you see in the video is the same as you see in the EXE (that's just for edification tho).

I rather doubt that Photodex would have you do those "standard" steps ... but don't be surprised if you get an email giving them (it's a canned response). However, this type of problem isn't something that lends itself well to that kind of thing. This has to do with some unique stuff ... something in your setup maybe (the way the slide if put together) ... with transitions (or something). Anyway, like my situation (which depended on a conversion from one format to another), there was something unique in what I was doing that hadn't cropped up before. The software has a hard time. I don't remember the specifics but, it sure was maddening to see. Plus, it took hours of troubleshooting before I figured out that there wasn't much I could do about it. I had to chose a completely different output format for the time being . . . not an option for you.

At any rate, good luck.

And, Happy Holidays to you!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby RALC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:10 am

Hi Dale

That was quick ! Don't you guys ever sleep out there in Colorado ?!

As suggested, rendered the cut down show in both AVI and MPG4, and no lines manifest themselves - so creation into Executable is the problem.
However, I need the output to be an Executable, so that stops at specific slides work, which don't when in AVI or MPG.

We will wait for Photodex to respond.

Meanwhile, all good wishes for a great forthcoming festive season.

Ruari

Postby RALC » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:01 am

Hi Dale

The response from Photodex was that they too found the lines appearing when converting the show into an EXE file, using Producer Ver 5. However, they found no artefacts appearing when using Ver 6 to convert file to EXE format. They provided me with a "one off" free upgrade to version 6 and this cured the problem.
Hoping this helps other readers.
Kind regards
Ruari Cumming ARPS

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Wow! Cool resolution to your problem. Yep, sometimes there are odd rendering problems that unique situations have a tendency to reveal. Glad it worked out for you! :D

Dale

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting