Show with Narration-Best Way??

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Show with Narration-Best Way??

Postby bbqdad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:29 am

Have a show I am building that will have a narration and music. Sometimes the a portion of the narration is for one slide, most of the time a number of slides will be with the audio.
At times music and the narration will both be audible.

One of Ver 6 wish list was an additional audio track, but no cigar.

How best would I then set this up?

Put the narration on the soundtrack line, time the slides for when they should come up with the script, then take the narration audio into an external audio editor and add the music, based
on a edit list by looking at the proshow timeline as to when the music should come in and out?

Or, chop the narration into sections and use it instead.

Wish there was a 2nd audio track-more intuitive to me!

Re: Show with Narration-Best Way??

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:05 pm

You can add narration as a slide sound, and the slide sound will continue after the slide it's attached to has gone by. Thus, you can have your music in the soundtrack and your narration placed as a slide sound, essentially ending up with two soundtracks.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Show with Narration-Best Way??

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:38 pm

You can even have the narration start before the slide it is attached to if you do it that way - just use a negative "offset" on the slide timing. Then you can use the new "volume control points" to adjust the volume of the background music as needed to work with your narration. I don't do a lot of narration, but my preference is to record short segments in an external editor (audacity or audition), adjust and trim as needed for what I want then incorporate those into the show. You can even have 3 or more "tracks" if you want with a few tricks - main audio on the timeline, second audio (narration for example) attached to a slide. Third audio (sound effect?) attached to preceding or following slide with appropriate "offset" to stack it where you want to make it all work together. Add a fourth sound to the next slide with even more negative offset etc. There are ways to sneak up on what you want to do :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting