Pointing an existing show at a new photo folder

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Pointing an existing show at a new photo folder

Postby ColinasPhotography » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:34 pm

I recently created a show with a large number of photos. After creating a show, I ran the 'gather files' function, and placed the gathered photos in my project file. Upon completion of the gather, Producer asked me if I wanted to use the new gathered files as the basis for my show, which I said yes to. I then went through a process of editing all of the gathered photos, thinking they would automatically update to my show. However, when I looked in the .psh file, my show was still pointing back to the old original location. Is there an easy way to point my show at the gathered folder and update the thumbnails accordingly?

Re: Pointing an existing show at a new photo folder

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 pm

I keep getting myself confused on this one since I seldom use it, however, I think you will find the .psh file in the "gathered" folder points to the new file locations while the .psh file in the original location points at the old file locations. I don't normally use that feature because when I create a show, I create a top folder for the show on my "Projects" partition, create sub-folders under that for images, sound, video then copy all the images I am going to use from my master photo structure (different disk) to the subfolder for the current show. That way, everything is under one folder to start with. I just find that works better for me.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Pointing an existing show at a new photo folder

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 am

Any of us using the "Collect" feature has been bitten by this one. The problem is that the newly collected show has the same name as the original show, and compounding this is the fact that the new show doesn't appear on the Recent list in the file menu. We can easily click on the show name at the top of that list, not realizing it's the old show. To ward off this ongoing problem, I've learned to Collect a show, answer yes to using the newly collected show, and then immediately perform a Save As, giving it at least a slightly different name to distinguish it from the older show. As soon as possible, I close Producer, and in Windows Explorer, I delete the original name from the collection folder. Also as soon as possible, I wipe out the original show.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting