File size for video projection

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

File size for video projection

Postby nancyrbogen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:35 am

I'm trying to generate a show to be played on a theater-sized screen via a pc and a video projector. What is the difference in terms of quality between a file that is 1280 x 720 and one that is 1920 x 1080?

Thanks,
Nancy (more sinned against than sinning)

Re: File size for video projection

Postby debngar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:07 pm

I believe the 1280x720 show may perform smoother with regard to movement. It has a faster refreshing rate with the trade off of lower resolution.

When ProShow first came out with ability to create 1080 shows, if a show had a lot of movement, it didn't perform all that well on YTube compared to a 720p version. So for a while, I stuck to rendering 720p shows uploaded to my YT account as a compromise so my shows wouldn't look so jerky.

I found this explanation of the difference between the two:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_d ... _and_1080i
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: File size for video projection

Postby nancyrbogen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks so much for answering. I don't do YT; I do vimeo, and I have about 18 shows up on it. Going to a live-projection on a theater-sized screen is a new thing for me--or should I say, old-new. I tried a show in both 720s and 1080s as avis in a theater a few weeks ago, and there were problems with the cross-fading in each. I have a feeling that it had to do with the fact that the theater-folk loaded my show onto a mac--I use a pc--and projected it from the mac.

I've now generated new versions of the same show in mpeg4 and quicktime in 1080 and 720, and I'll try them on my living room wall with my projector, and if they're ok, I'll go back to the theater with them.

Best,
Nancy

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting