Fading a track in a show

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Fading a track in a show

Postby min » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 am

I currently use Producer 4.5 - I have never been good at fading music at the end of the show, I have spent hours today and yesterday going through forum notes I have on my computer + producer training book, and seem to be getting more confused - I am in the middle of completing a show to give to my friends in the next few days and can't solve my problem. My problem, I am using one track only, unfortunately, it is not a good download, but the music I want to use for a special occasion. At the end of the track it just finishes mid sentence.....I don't remember how to fade it out, so the 'mid sentence' just finishes quietly and not obviously.

My settings - on the Wave line for my music
going into - "Timing Edit Fades and Timing" (my setting are:)

Start 0.530 End 158.664 ( I am happy with these settings)

Fade in 0.000 Fade out 0.000 - on these settings the ending just ends abruptly mid sentence.

My final slide is slide time 4 seconds transition 3 seconds. Can I just fade the music out on that slide, so the show comes to a fade away of music.

I am grateful to receive your help as usual - many thanks Shirley

Re: Fading a track in a show

Postby cherub » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 am

Hi Shirley,

The setting for Fade In and Fade Out were made specifically for this purpose.
That is where you should make your modifications.

Go to Manage Soundtrack > Write the number 3 instead of the 0 that appears in "Fade Out". (or perhaps 4 or whatever sounds good to you).

While you are there, check what happens if you do the same for the beginning of your show :D (Fade In = 3). Maybe you'll like it better.

Postby min » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 am

Mona once again thank you - you have often come to my rescue. I feel silly, such a simple thing - think I was looking for some supersonic remedy. I will not forget this one for the future. I have adjusted the fade out as you suggested and it is great. I have left the fade in as it is as I have sound effects before the actual song and the song fits in nicely, but will also remember that for future reference. Thank you for answering and solving my problem so quickly. Kindest regards Shirley

Postby cherub » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:12 am

Shirley
Glad that it worked for you.
No need to feel silly about any kind of question, what so ever.
It happens to all of us :D

Postby debngar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:37 am

If you don't need the entire piece of music by the way, try selecting a portion toward end that is more a quiet phrase to make the fade and cut off, if there is a place like that in the song toward the end. This way, the fade out might be a little more effective since apparently the song is lacking a desired long ending note. It may not be ideal but might work better. The way to find that is to look for a shorter part in the visual wav file as compared to a taller part.

If 3 or 5 seconds doesn't do it for that particular piece, try something longer than that.

If you're worried about keeping the original intact while you fiddle with the fade, experimenting with a copy of the show saved to another name keeps the original version intact and allows freedom to further tweak the music all you want. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm trying to remember exactly how it works in v4.5, but it is similar to v5 - anyway, if you hit the TAB key to switch from slide view to timeline view, you will see a "waveform" of your soundtrack along the bottom. Place your cursor over the sound segment (song) you want to adjust and hold down the CTRL key - you will see a yellow "box" around that soundtrack. You can grab the little square in the middle at the end to drag the clip shorter. You can grab one of the corners of that box and drag it to create the desired fade (if you drag it down as well, you adjust the overall volume of the clip). See below:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby min » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Once again I would like to thank all of you for the various suggestions, I will copy and keep your comments, just in case I run into the same problem again in the future.
Regards Shirley :lol:

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting