HELP! Memorial show due, computer crashing at rendering

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Re: HELP! Memorial show due, computer crashing at rendering

Postby tjdowning » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Happy tears flowing now!

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Not sure where you are, but my first guess is a heat issue. Check the cooling fins on the CPU and make sure the power supply is free of dust/cat hair/whatever. I have seen this issue pop up periodically in the video forums - rendering tends to work the processor etc. harder than solitaire resulting in potential heat issues (that only show up during rendering). I have actually run a compressed air line up from my shop to the computer room so I can keep dust and dog hair clear of the system (the cans of compressed air have really shot up in price). I have seen systems with the cooling fins on the CPU etc completely plugged with dust and hair.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:15 am

Glad it worked for you! It's the "little" things sometimes. If a windows computer hasn't been completely shut off for awhile it can start "acting up." Even if you put it to sleep or whatever, it still needs that periodic shutdown. I put mine into sleep mode often ... but, when stuff starts NOT working right, I know it is time for the darned thing to go through a complete reboot. But, for this to have affected your rendering ... now that's a new one!

Sorry about having to create the memorial ... that's how I got into this business. I'm sure everyone will like it tremendously.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby DMPRO1978 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:22 pm

I have had similar things happen when rendering a show to disc. I finally stopped trying to go directly to the DVD. I now render the show to an ISO file, then burn the disc from Roxio, or Nero, or other software. Happened so often, I would get the disc mostly done and then it hangs. Threw lots of discs away. Very frustrating. Since changing procedures, no problems, ever.

Just another idea that may help in future. :wink:

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting