Record a voice-over

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Record a voice-over

Postby Dieter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 am

Hello,

I would like a Record voice -over on PSP. Now i have the problem with the folder.
In the little window Record Sound or Voiceover is Save as. In this I can choose my folder for voice-over.
Can anyone tell me how I choose the folder fix for the current show. Everytimes PSP chosse any folder that i can't changeable.

Best regards Dieter from misty Bavaria

Re: Record a voice-over

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:04 am

Dieter,

Every time I work with voice overs in PSP, I can choose whatever folder I want. If I decide to change the folder, I am allowed to do so. However, I cannot directly edit the path. PSP forces me to go through the "browse" function. Here, I have to navigate to the desired folder ... no direct path edits allowed.

But, it "sounds" like you are too . . . so I'm not sure what your real problem is (unless it is the lack of ability to directly edit the path). Are you trying to "FIX" (Set, make default, force a default folder ...) the folder where sounds are found? If so, I'm not sure that is an option (that is, no global folder for such assets).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:02 am

Hello Dale,
thank you for the answer.
Now I hit the button record, it opens the window Record Sound or Voiceover. In Save As is any Folder that I don't want, from my last Show for example.
Now I open the browse and choose my target Folder for my first Voiceover in a new show.
PSP save my voiceover not in my new Folder, he takes another path.
How can I adjust a new Folder for my new voiceover.
I hope this is translated correctly :oops:

Best regards from misty Bavaria Dieter

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:33 am

I hit RECORD. I hit "Browse." I navigate to the folder where I want the Audio to reside. I give the audio file I'm about to record a name and hit SAVE. I hit RECORD. I talk into the microphone.

Now, it gets interesting. If I hit DONE, no file is created . . . nada, zilch, kaput.
However, if I hit "STOP" and then "Done" I get the file.

Now, the Path given above the recording is NOT complete. However, if you hit "Edit Fades and Timing" under the Sound Timing bar, you will notice that the full (and correct) path to the audio file is given (as the "source"). Of course the path is character limited ... so, if it's really long, you are out of luck for finding out what the full path is unless you "browse" the current slide sound again (just to look ... if you look by going through "add a sound", the window will open to the folder where the last audio file was stored. Hit Cancel to exit without changing anything).

Dale

PS I think this is odd enough behavior that I've reported it to Photodex. Nothing about this feature is as expected if you do not "follow" the proper procedure. This is not right. I suppose that's something to be expected of a feature that isn't considered to high on the priority list. It works fine if you record a voice-over as it is supposed to be used. Make a mistake, however, and it's like starting over from the beginning. [oh well ... ]
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:59 am

Hello Dale,

However, if I hit "STOP" and then "Done" I get the file.
Yes-I agreed, it's work's fine.
Only - The first slide make he right in the Folder, the second slide again in any Folder. He lost the path. Must I seek the path to the Folder by each Image?
Must I give by each Image the record Name?

Apologize if I do not answer at time. When you are sleeping very deep and nice, i am in southgermany on the border to swizerland at the Bodensee (a larges Sea in southgermany).
I visit a further education how can I take movies with DSLR Kameras.In the evening are a slideshow Wonder of natures of the wold. Now I go to my TV to have a look what happens in the world.

Best regards and thank you from misty Bavaria Dieter

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 am

I've been to sort of close to Bodensee. I've been to Konigsee and lived in Sembach for awhile (a little town some 5km or so outside of Kaiserslautern) It's been awhile to. It was very similar to my home in the southwest of Washington State. I remember one time learning to ski in the Black Forest. Spent a 3 day period in a hospital somewhere there after sliding backwards off the t-bar into a tree (so I'm told). So much for my friends teaching me to ski! :shock:

Yep, we understand the time difference ... plenty of those on this forum from other parts of the world. And I visit other forums that are night when we are in day. That's the way it is! :D
Machts Nichts! :D

Enjoy.

Dale

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:58 am

Hello Dale,

I hope you enjoyed Germany. We have a nice time in Colorado 1988. We lived in Del Norte and made a trip to the Sandune Monument. From Denver we started a trip to RM Nationalpark.
I was wonderful - Colorado how the name say.

Best regard from Bavaria Dieter

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting