neither the regular or the icon tool bars are showing

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

neither the regular or the icon tool bars are showing

Postby bulach19 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:59 pm

The Toolbars are showing in PSP 5.
I clicked on the regular toolbar with the "word names" appearing under Windows and began reviewing the drop down listings. I clicked on the various boxes and dug a deeper hole for myself. Now neither Toolbar is appearing. I then went to the Toolbar shortcut listing and used the Open listing Ctrl+O to no avail. No results. The area which should list the Toolbars is black. I would appreciate your input. Thank you.
Bulach19

Re: neither the regular or the icon tool bars are showing

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 pm

I am confused with what you are describing - on mine, if I click on "Window" on the toolbar, I get a dropdown list of windows. Where are you coming up with "word names"? Are you not getting any of the menu items showing or is there something else you are seeing? If you are not seeing any of the menu items, then perhaps the database file has been corrupted (which confuses Proshow). In the install directory, there is a "proshow.phd" file. Close Proshow, then go to the install directory and delete that file. Restart Proshow - do you now get the correct menu layout? (it will rebuild the .phd file after you have deleted it). If that is not what you are talking about, perhaps you could post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:20 pm

If I understand you correctly, to get large toolbar buttons with the words beneath them back displaying as you saw them before, try this:

Window > View Option > Tool Bar > LARGE Tool Bar (tick/check the box)

There also is a "textured background" choice under that choice which may or may not affect how you are seeing your tool bar. Mine is not black because I've changed my colors in the user interface to something other than the default color scheme.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby bulach19 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Thank you kindly for your replies, Debbie and Mikey. Debbie, you hit the nail on the head. I am up and running.
Thanks again,
bulach19

Postby debngar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Glad that worked for you. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting