Page Curl, from Bottom Right, Transition Issue

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Page Curl, from Bottom Right, Transition Issue

Postby UnclePaul » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi,

Doing a small show for a crèche in a poor area to help them out and they wanted the page peel transition.

I apply it and in preview, perfect.

But when I publish, DVD, 4:3 aspect ratio, yes we still have tube sets, the show is fine but the transition only does a sort of letterbox 16:9 ratio portion, so it looks horrible.

Any ideas? Or if available, where I could purchase a page peel type transition that works.

Many Thanks.

Paul

Using latest version of Producer 5.
Last edited by UnclePaul on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Page Peel Transition Issue

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Did you design the show in the 16:9 format and then publish to 4:3? That's about the only thing I can think of.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Page Peel Transition Issue

Postby UnclePaul » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi,

From what I can see, I have it in 4:3 ratio all the time.

What I did find out by making a simple three slide show was.

1.) I made a small mistake, I am trying to use the Page Curl, from bottom right... this does not publish correctly for me, preview is fine.

2.) if I use Page Peel or Page Scroll from right, they preview and publish fine.

Thanks for the input though, grasping at straws as the client saw the preview and was happy, now I can't get it to publish...

Regards

Paul

Re: Page Curl, from Bottom Right, Transition Issue

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:18 pm

It seems you're going to have to compromise, which is something we're always told to do and which is something we don't like to do. Anyway, I don't like doing it. :D

If you're having problems with Publish, sometimes it helps to delete the .pxc file. If that doesn't work, you can go for the bigger guys: ProShow.phd and ProShow.cfg. Recently, Producer got itself in such tangle that I had to uninstall and reinstall, whereupon it rose like a phoenix.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby UnclePaul » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

I tried deleting those files, but still the same.. as soon as I publish to DVD, PAL, the Page Curl outgoing page goes letterbox but the incoming page is proper size, so looks ugly.

I have made two published examples for the client, compromise as you say, one with Page Peel from right, and other with good old cross fade, which I prefer due to the client changing from single images per slide to multi-image fancy styles which in my opinion do not seem to suite a Page Peel or Curl transition.. but the client is always right.. sort of.

Will update if I ever find anything.

Regards

Paul

Postby im42n8 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Strange problem definitely. Each of those effects is supposed to work with any aspect show. If a "reinstall" (as in installed over the original installation with the aim of only replacing files that may have been "corrupted") doesn't work, I'd tell Photodex the problem you're having. There might be a problem with the publish section that misinterprets things. But, this re-install is only a grasping for straws action . . . you never know.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby UnclePaul » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for all who gave advice etc.

In the end I contacted Photodex who came back saying this is indeed an issue and that it will be fixed at some time in the future, obviously no time frame given.

But at least now we all know.. for now, skip Page Curl from the right top or right bottom as a transition, well if in 4:3 mode at least, not sure how 16:9 would pan out.

Regards

Paul

Postby debngar » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks for the info from Photodex's reply - nice to know.

I wonder if it will ever get fixed though, considering so many people have newer wide-screen TVs these days and they don't make TVs in 4:3 any longer. Many older TVs have ways to view in wide screen mode (via a button on the remote for the adjustment). I'm not saying it's a great option though as it still may not be all that pleasing to view on the 4:3 TV compared to viewing a 16:9 show viewed full screen on a 16:9 TV of course. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting