Rendering Takes Forever now

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering Takes Forever now

Postby bdwillie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi All!!
Long time no visit! I am having a problem with video rendering all of a sudden. Running the latest version of 5 but I don't think it's actually a producer issue, but a hardware issue (I think) :roll: Using the same quad core HP computer I have had for a few years, with 4 gig ram and upgraded video card. For some reason, it now takes forever to render a video. It doesn't crash, it will finish eventually, but can sometimes take several hours to render a 20 minute show to DVD ISO. Rendering speed will sometimes go down to .05. There hasn't been any hardware changes on this machine, and this machine behaved wonderfully for rendering a few months back. Can't think of any software that has been installed since the render speed took a nose dive. Any ideas?? Thanks guys!!
Bob
www.bandkproductions.com
psproducer
Pentax K10 D, ISTD

Re: Rendering Takes Forever now

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Not sure if this applies here, but a couple of things come to mind - the first, I have seen heat issues where the cpu "throttles" back as it gets hot - if your cooling fins are full of dirt/dust/pet hair, that could be an issue. Try monitoring the cpu clock speed and see if that is happening. The only other thing that comes to mind off the top is maybe you are using much larger images (new camera) although, I have not really seen any issues with mine and I am shooting 4200 * 2800 approximately with my camera. None of this may apply, but that is the only thing that comes to mind off hand. You might check and turn off the GPU to see if that makes a difference (another random thought).

edit - try "Help -> about" - what does it show for the "GPU Benchmark" ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby bdwillie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks for the input!! Blew out the fans and heat sinks, no go. did get curious and started task manager I have 108 processes going on... WTH last time I looked it was somewhere around 58. Gonna go google these processes ad track down and delete! Will report back!
Bob
www.bandkproductions.com
psproducer
Pentax K10 D, ISTD

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Be sure and notice which ones are taking up the largest percentage of cpu resources as well. 108 does seem like a lot although I have 81 although I know what many of them are.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting