Producer - Burning To DVD

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Producer - Burning To DVD

Postby dcbyrne » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Hello everyone,
I have a problem that is driving me wild. I just recently purchased the latest update to Producer (5.0.3310), downloaded and installed it. I made my first show in over a year and burned it to a DVD within Producer (Publish). My problem is the video I placed in the show. In the video, my grandson (Dylan) is playing his guitar, and his friend (Justine) is singing. In Producers time line and in the original video Justine's lip movement, and the words to the song are absolutely in sync. When I burn the show to a DVD they are not. Her lips start to move and a split second later I hear the words. Her lips stop and the words continues again for a split second. This is upsetting to me. I have already gone through 4 DVDs and they turn out all the same. I'm aware of other methods of burning this show, (ISO and executable for example, but burning to a DVD is an option and supposed to work. Can someone help please? I have not called Photodex and asked for support as yet. I thought I would ask on this forum first. Mikey told me he thought someone on the forum had the same kind of problem before, although I can't find the message.

Thanks in advance,
Douglas

Re: Producer - Burning To DVD

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 am

Wow... that IS bad. This happens whether you write directly to the DVD or to an ISO which you then burn to a DVD (using IMGBurn or the like)?

If both give the same result, I'd give Photodex a call. Heck, I'd give them a shout in any case. This shouldn't be happening and they might need to know ... and maybe track down a likely culprit.

It's just a grasping for straws thing ...but, have you also considered extracting the audio from the video and placing the audio on the slide as a "sound"..... it's a long shot. I'm just guessing that "maybe" the program (for some reason) is stressing over the video and its embedded audio. It doesn't make sense tho.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:39 am

Hi Douglas,
Like Mikey, I also remember somebody else describing this problem, but I can't find the thread.
In any case, give the ISO route another try, and burn with ImgBurn.
The advantage is that in ImgBurn you can reduce the speed of the burning process, and maybe this will solve the problem.
But, like Dale said, you must give Photodex a call. This should not be happening.

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:50 am

I should also mention that I gave up on burning directly to DVD long ago. I ended up with way too many coasters ... Yeah, the darned feature is SUPPOSED to work but, for some systems it is more likely to result in having a DVD coaster (lucky me ... one of the one's for which the direct to DVD route did NOT work well).

Going the route of creating an ISO turns out, for me, to be a much more reliable method. That's especially true if I need to make more than one DVD. In that case, it's a real time saver.

Besides, ImgBurn has a bunch of routines built-in that end up creating a more reliable DVD result. And, it's a program that's specific to writing to DVDs ... ProShow's focus is on creating slideshows.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Valued Member

Postby Luke_Miller » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:26 am

dcbyrne wrote:In the video, my grandson (Dylan) is playing his guitar, and his friend (Justine) is singing. In Producers time line and in the original video Justine's lip movement, and the words to the song are absolutely in sync. When I burn the show to a DVD they are not.

How are you playing the DVD when you see the synchronization issue and have you experienced it on more than one device? In theory at least, the DVD could be OK and the audio delay is being introduced in the player.

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 am

One of the clue is to choose PCM instead of MP2 as audio outpout. Some players do not like compressed audio so they may take more time to be converted during the playing of the DVD.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 am

Good morning Dale, Mona, Luke, and Jean-Pierre. Thank you all for your time and recommendations. After some playing around this morning I'm more confused now than before. I think I will call PhotoDex and ask their opinion. To explain, After reading Luke's response, (I had only played the DVD on my computer) I played the DVD on the player I have connected to my television. It played without a problem (good lip to sound sync). I then played it on my Laptop and again no problems. I thought I would try my computer again and the problem occurred. I started to think the problem was my computer DVD player and it was time to buy another until I tried 2 different movies on it that played perfectly. When finished here I will call PhotoDex and get their opinion. I'll pass along their answer when finished.

Thanks again,
Douglas

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am

Doug, if you have time, try to burn a DVD with PCM instead of MP2 it could be the problem with some players.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:45 am

Nah ... it's GREMLINS ... just trying to mess with you! :twisted:

Dale

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:13 am

It's those darn GREMLINS for sure... Well, the tech support guy couldn't help. I thought that might be the case before I even called. Because it works on other players he had no idea of what the problem could be. Just for the heck of it I burned an ISO of the show and put it on a DVD. For some reason that didn't work correctly on all three of my players. I'm going to take Jean-Pierre's advice and try PCM instead of MP2. I'll be back, and again thanks for your time. Because the 2 disks I have work on other players, I'm going to give the DVDs a nice cover with their picture and let them have those. I'll get this right sometime...
Douglas

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:24 am

Olympia huh? My old stomping grounds are just a bit south of you: Woodland, Amboy, La Center, Ridgefield, Kelso/Longview areas; that and the Portland/Vancouver area ... and Scholls/Hillsboro.

I've been trying to get back there for a visit but the danged situation here hasn't given me the ability to get away. My sister wants me to visit for the holidays ... something I haven't done in awhile.

Dale

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:14 am

No luck Jean-Pierre. As you suggested, after changing the audio type from MP2 to PCM the same problem occurred. It plays just fine on the other DVD players, just not with my computer DVD. As I said before, I have no idea what the problem is, and at this stage I don't care anymore as long as it works with other players. I was hoping it was something simple and easy to fix. Guess not. Again I want to thank everyone for your input and time. Dale, In regards to your visit. If you do visit and get close to Olympia, give me a call and we'll take in lunch (my treat) I'd like to meet you. If you give me enough time I might be able to get Mikey down here as well . I'll list my phone number (360) 786-5085. Everyone in the world has it anyway (companies that sell everything and anything call me all the time). Signing on to the "Do Not Call List" around here is a joke (Robo Calls).

Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:17 am

I vote with Jeep - I had forgotten about the mp2 audio issue as a possible cause when you called me. If you read the DVD standards for NTSC, mp2 is NOT one of the options - the audio is supposed to be either AC3 (Dolby) or PCM. That said, most things seem to default to mp2 for the audio these days and *most* players seem to handle it ok (although I have run into some older ones that play the show perfectly ... but with no sound :evil: ). Anyway, I thought I remembered someone having sync issues recently, but I don't remember the exact issue either (and just got my computers back up today - power in our neighborhood went out last night ... probably the government's new cost saving policy ).

edit: I see you just tried it with no change. Hmm - my comment still stands on the DVD standards, but I'm not sure what the issue is. The fact that other players handle it correctly, just your computer has issues is suspicious.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 am

Douglas - just had a thought here - is the sync error a constant or does it start correct then drift during the video becoming larger as it goes along?

Another thing you can try - re-open that video file in Vegas again like you did initially. This time, render it out using the DV template to create an avi file. See if the avi file imports without error - that may point us in the direction of where the issue is. You don't have to change anything in the editing, just open the same project as you had to create the mp4 and use a different render template (the DV one) to create the avi file.

mikey
Last edited by gpsmikey on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am

Well, well, good afternoon my friend. Just get out of bed did we??? :D Afternoon Mikey. I just checked because I didn't notice before, but it's the same throughout the video. I give up, I surrender.....

Douglas

Next

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting