Producer - Burning To DVD

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Producer - Burning To DVD

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am

dcbyrne wrote:Well, well, good afternoon my friend. Just get out of bed did we??? :D Afternoon Mikey. I just checked because I didn't notice before, but it's the same throughout the video. I give up, I surrender.....

Douglas

Not even close - I've already spent an hour at the dentist for my teeth cleaning, then another hour at the sleep doctor before coming back home and having to wake the machines back up after last night's power fail. I have been up for hours !! See my comment above in trying a different render template and seeing if that affects the problem. Give me a call if you need help - you have my number :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:54 am

You know... Forrest Gump has an answer for that you know: "Stuff Happens."

Got it Douglas. Now, if only events let me get out of here sometime in the next couple of months (before tax season starts).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:17 pm

I'll give it a try Mikey. Dale, It would be nice to meet you in person. Even though I haven't made any shows in Producer in a long while I do read the forum at least 4 time a week. I see your comments helping members all the time. Very nice of you to take the time to help the rest of us. Mikey is the same way. I have his phone number tattooed on my forearm for when I need help.

Douglas

Valued Member

Postby Luke_Miller » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:33 pm

dcbyrne wrote:I played the DVD on the player I have connected to my television. It played without a problem (good lip to sound sync). I then played it on my Laptop and again no problems. I thought I would try my computer again and the problem occurred. I started to think the problem was my computer DVD player and it was time to buy another until I tried 2 different movies on it that played perfectly.

It may be that your computer has operations going on in the background that sometimes affect the DVD performance. That might explain why sometimes DVDs play correctly and sometimes not. A DVD player that connects to your TV decodes the DVD files in specialized hardware and has no other operations contending for resources. Your computer decodes the DVD files in a computer program that must compete for resources with anything else that may be running.

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Good thought Luke. Thanks for your input. I appreciate your help. As long as it plays correctly in the player they use, I have to be pleased with that. :)

Douglas

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 am

Hello Douglas,

I think it is the same problem that I have.

Do you have the videos both close-cropped in the length?
If so then I think I have the solution.
I had two videos in my show that are close-cropped in the length(inPSP) one after the other in PSP.
Both videos were in PSP syncron, than I publish a video from my show and the second videos were not syncron.
I don't know why. My solution was, I cut both video in a Videosoftware exactly on the length - than it runs fine and syncron.
The other solution is, you can do a Slide between the/each videos.
I think in PSP we can not two videos close-cropped in the length (in PSP)one after the other
I hope that's right for you also and can help. :)

Best regard and success with my suggestion Dieter

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Hello Dieter,
Thank you for taking the time to help. I only have one video in the show. I have tried everything I can think of to correct the problem, to include the suggestions in this thread, and a private message. Nothing is working. I guess the important thing right now is that after burning a DVD, it plays correctly on players other than my computers Sony (no luck there). At first I was frazzled because it should play the same on all DVD players but now I'm at peace with the whole thing (I have no choice).

Thanks again,
Douglas

Postby heckydog » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:42 pm

If the dvd plays okay in two different standalone dvd players it seems pretty clear the issue is not with the dvd itself. So making an iso or burning directly to disc shouldn't matter.

When was the last time you cleaned the lens on the dvd player/burner on your computer? Have you tried unplugging and re-seating the SATA cable for the dvd player?

If it continues to happen, I would buy a new player. I've seen them online for $15-$20.

Joe

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Joe,
To be honest, I have never cleaned anything on the internal DVD player except to dust it off when I have the case out. I have never heard of cleaning a lens on a DVD player before. I need to look that one up. I'll try your suggestions of unplugging and re-seating the SATA cable, and if that don't work I will buy another DVD player. I was thinking of doing that anyway (the only thing left to do). This was nice of you to take some of your time to lend me a hand with this problem, thanks.

Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Just a thought here - try playing the iso with the free VLC player and see how that works (I would still be interested in if there was a difference if you were importing DV instead of MP4 - until I know what the problem is, I don't rule anything out). The trick is to find out which "things" affect the problem.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi Mikey,
I'll give you a call in the morning. I'm not sure what you mean by importing DV instead of MP4. I don't remember us talking about that. I did however burn the show using audio PCM instead of MP2 as you mentioned. I thought we spoke about that. That made no change. I'll give the VLC player a shot even though I just ordered a new DVD Player from Amazon.com about an hour ago.

Douglas

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Mikey,
I downloaded and installed the VLC Player. After installation, I opened the video clip and it played without a problem. Nice player by the way. I had to disable a lot of junk the download wanted to install on my computer (have to be careful with this one). The video also plays well with my Windows Media player. My problem is playing the DVD disk I made in PSP (ProShow Producer) on my computers internal DVD/CD player. That's where things goes South. I'm still going to call you in the morning if you don't mind.

Douglas

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Mikey,
I just did what I think you wanted me to do all along. I inserted the DVD in my Sony Player, opened VLC, the Media menu and selected Open Disc. It played the way it should, no problems. Before sending this reply I thought I would do a little more investigating. I think I may have finally found the problem. This information may help those experts trying to help me. When I insert my DVD into my DVD player the show starts in PhotoDex Presenter. When I start the show from the beginning (in Presenter) and let it play into the video, the lips and the sound sync is off. Now, if I start the show, and immediately mouse click to where the video starts, the words are in sync with her lips from beginning to end and everything is fine. It looks to me like PhotoDex Presenter may be the problem and I know not what it may be. After all, all the other players play the video correctly. I think I made a mistake in ordering a new DVD player.

Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:19 am

OK, now I'm confused - first, what I had wanted you to try was playing the ISO file with the VLC player (which would eliminate the DVD player itself from the equation). I also am confused as to why Photodex Presenter would be opening your DVD when you play it. Presenter is what plays the .px stream. I think I need to go put the coffee on. If I put a standard DVD in my system (Win 7), Windows Media Player is what opens the DVD to play. I was not even aware that Presenter knew how to play DVD's ??

mikey

Postby dcbyrne » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 am

OK, now I'm confused because your confused. First, the ISO plays OK. Now, When I place the DVD in the drive the Auto Play window opens. I have 7 choices as to how I want to watch the show. Windows Media Player is one listed just below the default. The default is set to Run show.exe. I select it and PhotoDex Presenter opens. I'll call you within the hour. I don't want to look any more a d--- fool than I already have.

Douglas

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting