Producer - Burning To DVD

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Producer - Burning To DVD

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 am

ah ha !!! I think I understand what happened - you have managed to put a copy of the .exe file at the top level on the DVD - the computer sees the .exe and wants to play it (which would use presenter as part of the play process). The stand-alone dvd players don't have a clue what to do with an .exe file, so they play the dvd as normal. That is why I always put any additional files on the DVD down in an /EXTRAS folder, but you have to know the trick - you create an /EXTRAS/EXTRAS folder (2 levels deep), put your .exe in the bottom folder and point to the top level folder when you select "include extra" or whatever that option is. The trap door that bites you (and many others) is that when it includes the "/EXTRAS" you pointed at, it includes the CONTENTS of that folder, not the folder itself. If you simply put files one level deep, they end up scattered around the top (root) level of the DVD. If you put a /EXTRAS folder inside the top one, then you end up with a DVD that has VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS, EXTRAS as the top level folders and all your extra stuff is in the EXTRAS folder. Been there, done that, have the powder burns on my foot to show for it :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby dcbyrne » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello everyone,
Problem solved. I spent some time with Mikey on the phone today. After a few screen shots sent through e-mail, and a long phone conversation he found the problem. The solution for me was in the options I did not select when I burned the show in Producer, and the way I saved the show files on my hard drive. Because I never included a video of a person singing in any of my previous shows, this problem for me never surfaced before. Instead of going into a long drawn out explanation of what correction I made, If anyone is interested send me a private message and I will respond. Or I could just give you Mikey's home phone number, heck, he's retired and bored to death sitting at home all day. :D

Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:37 pm

How can I be bored to death? I have you to call me and interrupt my naps :lol: Anyway, the issue was that on the "Executable" tab next to the "Burning" tab on the DVD create dialog box, the "include executable" box was checked. That put an executable (.exe) file at the top level of the DVD along with the "autorun.inf" file. The result was that the stand alone players were playing the DVD as a normal DVD while the computer was running the .exe executable from the DVD which is NOT the same as playing the video files from the VIDEO_TS folder. Changing that so the DVD did not have the .exe file at the top level (and the associated autorun.inf file), meant the computer now also played it as a normal DVD and all players are now handling it the same with no sync issues. Is it "Miller Time" yet ??? :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting