Transision sound

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transision sound

Postby Sixty_Vette » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:02 am

Hi everyone - I have a weird problem that I never encountered before. There will eventually be about 275 slides in my show. I included my song, created about 14 slides thus far and as I edit the show - the music fades during the transitions. If I set the time on the first slide to the length of the song - the entire song plays fine - so I know my song is ok - but when I set the slides to 5 seconds and the transition (dissolve - actually ANY transition) to 1 second and play the show - you can definitely hear the volume diminish during the transition between slides. I have not touched the volume setting on the audio itself nor within the slide.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Transision sound

Postby Sixty_Vette » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:08 am

Let me give a little more info and another thing I just noticed.

The slideshow itself has a video clip as one layer (waving US American Flag) Then there are two additional layers - one is of an American Soldier and another layer is a wood feather carved by carving clubs across Ohio. There is a caption with the soldiers name and other information.

It appears that when the caption appears is when the audio gets louder. When the slide appears after the transition - for that split second it is still soft - as it was when the transition was in process. Once the caption appears there it definitely an increase in the sound

Hope this additional info helps!

Postby debngar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:40 am

ProShow is default set to reduce the main soundtrack volume to 50% when other sounds are being played. This might explain at least part of what is going on.

Find adjustments to audio settings here: Audio > Manage Soundtrack > Soundtrack During Other Sounds. Fade audio in and out settings are also in that section which may help manage overlapping video audio to the soundtrack and so forth.

If you don't want the hassle of the soundtrack going in and out, then you may want to consider removing the audio from your clips if they aren't essential to the show. Some clips don't seem to have audio but still affect the program which reduces the main soundtrack. The soundtrack is also reduced when other sound clip files are inserted in slides, so they can be heard.

I can't recall for sure but seem to remember someone sharing a quick fix trick that would cause the audio in a video clip to go away if a teen tiny amount of the clip was trimmed at the end. But I can't be sure as I've never tried it and am not even sure if I described that procedure correctly. Hopefully someone will post with a yes or no on that solution.

I haven't used video clips in a show in a while. There are others who utilize video clips more frequently that might have a better idea what you might try to fix your problem if what I mentioned above doesn't do the trick.

Sometimes it can help to post a part of your show that displays the problem. That way we can better see what's going on and to assess what's causing the problem and suggest an effective solution.
Last edited by debngar on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby im42n8 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:53 am

Transitions should have no effect on the soundtrack, typically. It might be affected by a sound attached to the slide. You also might have a problem associated with the audio track in the video. However, that would not necessarily affect the audio during a transition unless the video and its associated sound track are also in the transition. But, that's not what you indicate in your post.

It's possible these problems you're having are the result of a confused program. So, have you removed and replaced the song? Have you deleted the PXC file associated with the slideshow? These would be the first things I would try. Next would be the deletion of the Proshow.PHD file located in the root folder of your installation folder.

It's been awhile since I've seen this problem myself and I don't remember exactly what happened to fix it. You could also try using a recreated show and see if the problem reoccurs (do this after attempting the previous steps).

It's worth a try.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Transition sound

Postby Sixty_Vette » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks for your responses! Debbie - you hit the nail on the head - even though there was no soundtrack on the video clip I was using - it must have thought there was - so when I put the Soundtrack During Other Sounds up to 100% from 50% - the fading went away! Never would have thought of that - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :D

Postby debngar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:30 am

Glad you were able to fix the problem. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Whenever I add a video background, the first thing I do is go to the layer setting and turn volume down to zero whether there is sound in the clip or not.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting