Registration key for multiple login computer

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Registration key for multiple login computer

Postby SteveD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 am

Hello. We have three Windows 7 Prof. computers with PSP 5.0.X installed. These computers are used by several users that authenticate with their unique login. The registered version of PSP will only work under the account it was registered with (i.e. Admin account). Every user that logs in using their login credentials and launches PSP gets the trial version. If we plug in the key for a logged in user it registers for that account. We are dealing with 100's of logins on any single machine. Photodex says this is how PSP installs, suggesting PSP will only run on a single login computer and has nothing else to say.

All other registered software on these computers runs perfectly when registered the one time by an admin.

Has anyone experienced this and have you found a way to get a registered version to run when registered the one time no matter who logs in.

Thank you for your input.

Re: Registration key for multiple login computer

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:43 am

You have hundreds of people using the same installation of Producer? :shock:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 am

If you're trying to run the same licensed copy on two machines at the same time, that isn't permitted. A user can have it loaded on two machines but only use one at a time.

They have site licensing options. I don't know if that's what you're describing though.

http://kb.photodex.com/2133/can-i-insta ... -computer/
http://kb.photodex.com/821/licensing-fo ... nizations/
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:00 pm

If I understood the OP question, he was asking about a single computer that supported multiple logins. And the problem was that it would only run under the login that installed it not any other login on that computer. I would not see that as violating the terms/intent of the licensing - it would be used only on one machine and by one user at a time.

[edit] - just verified what he is saying. If I log in as my wife on my machine instead of me (both have admin rights), her desktop shows a producer icon, but when it launches, it is a trial version, not the registered version. Fortunately, in my wife's case, she has an easy way to get the slide show done ... she just tells me to do it :lol:
Even Photoshop CS6 seems to work on her account just fine (and Adobe is a real pain about their registration stuff) although the Topaz plugins seem to think they are a trial in her account.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby SteveD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:23 pm

We have three licenses one for each computer and yes there is the potential of hundreds of people using the same computer as these computers are in our DML. Thank you Mikey for testing on you computer. CS 6 works perfectly as does all our other DM software.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting