Crashes while rendering

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Crashes while rendering

Postby RZKYBZNZ » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:44 am

Hello everyone. I have an issue that needs some quick and helpful support. I have created a show for my local PAL Basketball team. It consists of about 1,300 slides using about 2,000 photos. It is 2 hours and 14 minutes long with mp3 audio throughout. :evil: EVERY SINGLE TIME :evil: I try to create an ISO image or DVD, Proshow Producer crashes. I have tried the "4 GB Patch" and that has not helped the situation. Any Ideas? Please, I am losing my mind (what little I have left)! :D Thank you in advance.

- Mohamed
Mo' Better Photo Memories
Bring your most cherished memories back to life.

Re: Crashes while rendering

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:51 am

The maximum you can put on a DVD is ONE HOUR of show.

Postby RZKYBZNZ » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks Mona, But this occurs even when I try to make an ISO image.

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 am

An ISO is the virtual image of your DVD.
Shorten your show, Mohamed

Unless you are creating the next Hollywood blockbuster, :D 2 hours and 14 minutes....is way, way too much, not only for the capacity of the DVD, but also for your audience.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 am

What Mona says :D As far as the crashing goes, we have run into issues in the past with corrupted mp3 files - if it crashes in the same place each time, then you may have a corrupted mp3 file. If that is the case, you can either convert the mp3 you are using to a wav file and see if that works or see if you can create a new mp3 of the audio you are using. If it is crashing at random - different places, you may be running into a heat issue - rendering tends to run things hot and overheating on a processor tends to cause crashes.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jeep » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:21 am

ProShow tries to write a file which will be bigger than 4 Gb then it needs as much RAM for rendering. The ISO file may be written 'on the fly' if the option is checked.
Did you leave the option of writing the ISO file on the fly checked ?
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:53 am

cherub wrote:-snip---
Shorten your show, Mohamed

Unless you are creating the next Hollywood blockbuster, :D 2 hours and 14 minutes....is way, way too much, not only for the capacity of the DVD, but also for your audience.

If there was a way to +1 this recommendation Mona, I would do that. :D

It's not likely many viewers will sit happily for 2 hours and 14 minutes just waiting to see the person they know in a slideshow show up for their 2 minutes of fame.

Do your viewers a favor and consider breaking up the show into shorter pieces to accommodate the amount of content. This allows viewers to zero in on where their interest appears in the presentation and skip the rest if they want to do that. Splitting a large show into segments no longer than 15-20 minutes or so makes it easier to manage the designing of the presentation and for viewing.

Viewers might watch it through entirely the first time but will likely hesitate doing that more than once as it takes time to plan out that amount of time in a person's schedule to sit for that long. :shock:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby RZKYBZNZ » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:01 am

Thank you all for your responses. Debbie, what you said made absolute sense. I agree with the comment about watching it once.... I will do that and hopefully all goes well.

Postby RZKYBZNZ » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:12 am

Is there a "best way" or "easy way" to split up a show, or is it just by me actually splitting it up wherever and whenever I would like.

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Do what makes sense. If you're telling a story, for instance, of someone's life, break it down to major life events. You might use different songs for those segments.

Shows can be shortened by removing similar type images and not including every single image available.

Complicated styles and transitions can take longer to display and make a show longer. It can be helpful to pick a few of the simpler ones and forget the rest rather than using as many different ones as possible.

Better to spend crucial time displaying images than fancy transitions. I only say this as I took a quick peek at your shows on YouTube. It looked to me as if a lot of time was spent on transitions and sometimes not enough time on picture display time. Choose your effects with a purpose and you'll see how it can make a stronger show.

There isn't necessarily a quick way to do this on your current show since you've already put this one together. Except you could select certain slides with the Ctl button then pick one transition to change them to. Repeat with another set of slide transitions. It will probably feel like you're almost reworking the entire show. :(
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting