Terrible executable quality and resolution

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Terrible executable quality and resolution

Postby palalisimo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 am

Hello,

I have a very frustrating problem, I have seen some old post about this, but cant find a solution.

I have a show made in proshow producer. Is an interactive show.

When I preview the shows, the quality is excelent, but when I export the executable, the show is simple horrible.

In the Playbay stats the resolution is 800 x 450. But my show is built to be 1280x720

I have searched in the web have not found any fixes. Is totally useless to have a show in such low resolution. I have a good PC, I dont remeber my exact GPU card model but I have used it to 3D mapping and heavy gaming with no problem.

I have tried all kinds of setups, and enabled and disabled GPU acceleration support but the result is very poor.

The only way I have the show look good is to reduce my screen resolution. I have native 1920x1080 display, if I changed it to 1600x900 the show runs with good quality.

This is no solution since I expect to distribute my show to hundreds of people.

Is there a solution to this?!

Re: Terrible executable quality and resolution

Postby cherub » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 am

What is your GPU Benchmark?
You can see this information if you go to:
Help > About ProShow
The GPU Benchmark is under your registration number.

From the information that you provided, it seems to me that Producer is working on your computer with the GPU Acceleration disabled.

But, just on a side note: If you intend to distribute your show to "hundreds of people", then you don't have any control on how the show will display on their computers, and it may not display well either.
May I suggest that you output to video (HD). The GPU Acceleration has no effect on videos, and it will ensure a proper display on all computers.

Postby palalisimo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for the answer,

My GPU benchmak is 727 on this computer (I use 2 Pcs). I have tried GPU acceleration enabled and disabled, still I have poor results.

Hd video is not an option for me, I have interactive slides.

I have distributed executables shows before, with a previous version of proshow producer. That was 2 or 3 years ago, with weaker hardware I had perfect results. Should I downgrade to version 4? I was expecting to have better options and quality with a newer version.

This is an example of the huge difference between preview and executable:

This is the same machine, doing on the fly rendering of the same slide.
Its just unacceptable that a machine that can do heavy gaming and video production, cant be able to render some fonts!

Postby im42n8 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:05 pm

There is a section in Playback Preferences called Playback: "Software Fallback Resolution." This is the rendering resolution when GPU acceleration is not active. Changing this will change the rendering resolution.

It does not matter what the dimension of your show are... the key thing is the resolution at which it is being rendered. The size might be a maximum of 1280x720 as far as the development goes but, it might only be being rendered at 800x600 when creating your final video output... and that's going to look really awful when expanded in size to 1920x1080.

Dale

PS I stand corrected ... the GPU acceleration is NOT used for generating the video output ... some problems I've been having with my output that were DIFFERENT with GPU Acceleration ON and GPU Acceleration OFF led me to that conclusion. Photodex says it isn't used for the video output ... so, I have to wonder what's different in those cases.

UPDATE. Hmmm. I just saw your other post. Have you tried deleting the show PXC and/or the program PHD files? If you've tried with and without the GPU acceleration on and are still getting bad results, there's something else going on ... and I have to wonder if it might not be the program (some kind of file corruption ... not the show, some corrupted program files... at the last option, I wondering if a reinstallation over the current installation to "refresh" the files of the existing install might be called for. ... this is odd).
Last edited by im42n8 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 pm

im42n8 wrote:Actually, GPU Acceleration DOES have an effect on video creation. That's why there is this section in Playback Preferences, Playback called "Software Fallback Resolution." This is the rendering resolution used when GPU acceleration is NOT enabled. Changing this will change the rendering resolution ... particularly if you increase it. Any time you output to any video type, you are rendering the PSH file according to the specification setting given here.

Dale,
Let me quote the answer that I just received from Photodex:

GPU acceleration is only used for playback (in-program or Presenter) and generating static previews in the program. All rendered video formats use the 'software' renderer, which doesn't utilize the video card. Having a fast multi-core CPU is the main factor in speedy rendering times.

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:21 am

Hello,

everything with Software Fallback Resolution I'm still not completely understood, no problem it's my bad english.

My questions - in Preference-Playback-Rendering.
What I need to enter in:
--Target Size:
-- Software Fallback Resolution:

I do my Show in resolution 1400x1050 px for Beamer.
My pictures in PSP have a resolution 4000x3000 px in jpg.,because I also zoom settings up to 200%

My wedding show has Full HD for TV 16:9. I don't know exactly what I need to adjust in Preference-Playback-Rendering.
My GPU Benchmark is 238
Thank you for your help.

Best regards Dieter

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:59 am

Dieter,
You don't need to change anything in "Software Fallback Resolution".
The default is 800x600 and you should leave it like that.

If you want to create shows that are suitable for your own monitor (which, I presume, has a higher definition than the Beamer), then you should leave the settings for Target Size at their default, because Producer detects your monitor resolution automatically .
If you want to create shows that are suitable only for your Beamer, then you must write the values of 1400x1050 in Target Size.

Postby palalisimo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Still I have bad results, finally I found an old installer for Proshow Producer 4.51.3003 I installed it on a second computer, I was able to collect all files and open the project file in that version.

The resulting executable is flawless! Renders video, images and text at good resolutions, even in an old Pentium Core Duo with Windows XP

This was last resort, and requiered some extra production to adjust the show in the older version.

I hope they return to the old way of rendering executables. Also I have no idea why a powerfull machine wasnt good enough for version 5 to render a show.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting