Background sticks to photo

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Background sticks to photo

Postby marstama » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Hello everybody,

In my slideshow I have the following problem:
When a photo slides out of the screen the background sticks to the photo. (left and right of the portrait)
But there is also a stationary background, wich is ok.

What I want is that the photo slides out of the screen but not with the background sticked to it.

Maybe the picture below makes it more clear what I mean.
I use version 4.
I am pretty new with Proshow

Regards
Marcel

Re: Background sticks to photo

Postby cherub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi Marcel and welcome to the forum! :D

It is not very clear either from your picture, nor from your description, what is actually happening in your slide.

When you say: "the photo slides out of the screen", do you mean that the transition that you apply after your slide, affects your backgrounds too?

When are you seeing this happening? when you work on the show, or in the final output (video) ?

I think that you are showing two backgrounds: the first, is your slide background; the second, is your show background.
Can you confirm that you have that colorful gradient both as a slide background and also as a show background?

Because ,during transitions, Producer shows the show background by default, you see that gradient twice.
You can reset the show background to the default black by going to Show > Show Background > Put a checkmark on Type Solid Color, and choose the color black.

Postby marstama » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:37 am

Hi Cherub, thanks for answering,

What I want is that the photo moves out the screen but without de background sticking to the sides of the photo.
I scratched the part now wich I don't want to see.
I checked and it's only happening during transition to the next photo.

Yes, the colorfull gradient is the showbackground. wich has to be there the entire show.

Regards
Marcel

Postby im42n8 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 am

Marcel,

Welcome to the forum!

The IMAGE and the background are seen by the transition as one item. That's how transitions work. You can't take the background off ... it's part of the current and the next slide. The only way that I think you can do what you want to do is to rotate the image off screen in the current slide before going to the next slide.

To do that, you will need to add keyframes to change the position and do the rotation. Understanding keyframes is crucial to getting the most out of the program.

Dale

If you need help doing this, either Mona or myself can help you with specifics. Send a PM or email.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting