Projection on a movie screen

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Projection on a movie screen

Postby nancyrbogen » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I have been invited to project one of my shows live in a small theater. It seats about 100 people, and there is a stage with a movie screen on it. I would have my show on my laptop, and that would be connected to a projector.

My Q: What file format should I save my show in for the best possible performance?

Thanks in advance,
Nancy

Re: Projection on a movie screen

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 pm

In 2011,I made a show for displaying in an old movie theatre at a fundraiser for a local SPCA. I gave the theatre owner the same file I would normally create and upload to YT, rendered at best quality 1080p (an avi file). He put the file on the computer in the screening room and projected it on the large screen during the event. Worked great! :D

I would suggest asking whoever would be running the screening to tell you what formats they can utilize and go from there since that setup might be different than what was available in my case. You can always render a few different formats to see what works best and prescreen a day or two beforehand to select the best one.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:33 am

Hello Nancy,

I made EXE or Video (Custom Video File) for our Beamer with a resolution 1400x1050. EXE need a Laptop with power.
For EXE you have a wonderful Menu as an opening for the Show. It's wonderful for your guests.

I would suggest asking whoever would be running the screening to tell you what formats they can utilize and go from there since that setup might be different than what was available in my case. You can always render a few different formats to see what works best and prescreen a day or two beforehand to select the best one.

Yes this is the best suggestion from debngar for a save evening. I take it too.
But do your file to various(or different) media and take them with for the case that one does not go on the Laptop, or take your own laptop for this evening.

Best regards and good successfully evening Dieter

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:19 am

Thank you both for answering. This is a very difficult matter because the techies at Producer do not know (or I suspect do not know) much about full-screen projection in a theater and are really guessing (oder wie mann sagt auf englisch are "winging it").

This is what I have done, and I hope that both of you will follow this and offer suggestions. I made 2 sets of my show; in Quicktime and MPG-4 at 1080 and 720. (The tech at the theater recommended a show saved at 1080, the Proshow Producer tech recommended 720).

Alas, since most of the theater-world uses macs, I went and bought a mac laptop. Tomorrow night a techy friend and I will connect it to my home-projector to see what happens with both shows at both resolutions.

What a can of worms this is (ein Sysiphus-Problem).

Nancy

PS Have a look-listen to my show on vimeo titled Mein Lebenslauf--about the life of Georg Schoenberg, son of the famous composer Arnold Schoenberg: https://vimeo.com/57700758

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting