Oversaturated reds

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Oversaturated reds

Postby ShellMultimedia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

I'm working on a show of a newborn baby and am having problems with the red being over saturated no matter what format I output it in. They are fine in the original photo and even fine when playing within PSP itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michelle
--Michelle

Re: Oversaturated reds

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't know if you're using a photo editor but if so, then check to be sure all the software programs that use the image are set to the same color profile. I would suggest using sRGB as it's the one most commonly requested by the pro labs I use when I order images to be printed.

I use Lightroom for about 95% percent of my image processing. Sometimes I hop over to Photoshop to make a quick print for myself on my inkjet printer. The color profile it uses on that image in Photoshop must be the same else if it isn't the print will come out with a noticeable red cast.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ShellMultimedia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:04 pm

I use sRGB. And I just double checked to be sure it didn't somehow get set to something else. :)

Good thought, though. Colorspace issues can cause all sorts of wonky problems.
--Michelle

Postby ShellMultimedia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Hmm... Now that's interesting. I just tried outputting a single frame from PSP and it looked identical to the original photo. So that got me wondering if it was the player at fault. And I think it is. On WMP, it's badly saturated but on VLC not nearly as bad and VSO looks pretty much on par with the original.

So I guess maybe this isn't a PSP issue at all. LOL! That's the second time I've done that. So hard to tell sometimes where the source of the problem is.
--Michelle

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting