No menu with Blu-Ray ISO

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

No menu with Blu-Ray ISO

Postby ShellMultimedia » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I found this old thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17571&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Does anyone know if this is still an issue in PSP5?

I burned a Blu-Ray ISO so I could check it before using one of the dang expensive disks and then realized nothing I had would play it. :oops: So I went hunting for a player and found one (VSO) but it's not showing a menu. I thought maybe it was a problem with the player but, having found that thread, I'm wondering if it's a problem with the ISO? I have no other Blu-Ray ISOs to check with, unfortunately.

Anyone know? If it is still a problem, is there any cure? If it's not, could someone suggest a better player for checking these? :D

Thanks!
--Michelle

Valued Member

Re: No menu with Blu-Ray ISO

Postby Luke_Miller » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Not much has changed. I have not found a player that plays a Blu-Ray ISO menu without jumping through some serious hoops. Currently I use VirtualCloneDrive to mount the ISO and VLC player to play it. If I open the ISO in VirtualCloneDrive I can see the file structure of the video. Usually the menu is a separate file and the second largest. I can play that file in VLC Player to preview it. None of the menu links work, but I can check the video quality.

Postby ShellMultimedia » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks, Luke.

Coming back to update... I found "DVDFab" which shows the menu so that answers my question; the menu is there, it was just the player not seeing it. It doesn't handle the menu well, by any means, but I mostly wanted to confirm it was there and get a rough idea of how it will look on the real thing.

So, not a PSP issue and, for anyone else needing a player, DVDFab is free for playing the ISOs. Weirdly they charge if you want to watch an actual disk but not to view an ISO. :?
--Michelle

Postby ShellMultimedia » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 am

Oh this is maddening! After finally finding a program where I could view the menu, I realized I had somehow goofed and got the wrong show associated with each item. So I fixed that and now it crashes every time I try to generate the ISO. Why does Blu-Ray have to be so hard? Sheesh!
--Michelle

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting