Blurred outputs in MP4

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Blurred outputs in MP4

Postby Jeep » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:22 am

Hi Dale
Perhaps you will be aware of 2k (2080 x 1080) or 4k (4160 x 2160) formats for d-Cinema. Such outputs are possible in ProShow using MP4 or MOV formats. D-Cinema or DCP is the official format for movies in digital output played in theaters around the world. We can easily render these formats from ProShow. The only problem is to view them on a PC with a traditionnal monitor. A few software exist to have them converted and played on a PC to verify their technical value before send them to a numerical equipped theater.
I have yet produced 2 movies from ProShow in 2k and it works fine.

Two techniques may be used to have a show in DCP format from ProShow :

• from ProShow make a frame by frame capture directly in the preview (right click then capture 1 image each 0.04 second to have a 25 i/s rate). It gives a very huge number of still images that will be then batch converted in JPEG2000 which is the format used in DCP process. I recently asked Photodex to have the possibility to capture in JPEG2000 in addition to JPG or PNG this will shorten the process time. Most of the DCP process may be done with freeware products.
• from ProShow, render a MOV or MP4 output then with a specific software, render it directly in DCP format. Unfortunately, there is no freeware for this type of process.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Re: Blurred outputs in MP4

Postby im42n8 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:49 am

Yeah, I knew about the higher res MPG4 outputs ... but, I had thought MPG2 was limited in res. Turns out it is but only for DVD, not Blu-Ray. I wasn't aware that the initial Blu-Ray spec had an MPG2 source.

HD has come a long way. It's only going to get better. I understand that there's an 8k format now too (with talk of a 16k format). For general acceptance tho, I think we're still a ways away. There's not much in the way of 2K right or even 4K available to the general consumer. I think they're mostly standards for the movie theater's at this time.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting