Rendering freeze

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering freeze

Postby EJAB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi all !!! I do a show every week for our Local (Australian Rules Football) club that has an interview with the coach
after the game. This comprises Two caption slides, then another one or two slides with single layer style pack for local business, followed by a Video clip in AVCHD that runs for no more than Eight minutes followed up again with two more caption slides.Total running time, No more than Ten Minutes. I have completed Fifteen of these shows this year to date with No problem. However this weeks dilemma. I created this weeks show ! Rendered to DVD a second to ISO, all fine ! on my third attempt to create via Producers "Video for web devices" H.D etc,, and which I may add have used for at least half of these shows,, Rendered to Fifty Two percent then Freeze,, just stops, I use the 1080avi set up each time. The only thing I noticed is that when the rendering speed slowly went from 0.48 down to 0.27
it just gave up. I have got around this by simply going to a lower Quality level !! but the question still remains,, Why does it render in all the other set ups ??? Trust you are all well, and are eager to help with this oddity.

Kind Regards from Down Under

EJAB aka John.b

Re: Rendering freeze

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 am

Are you using a transition or slide style in the current show that you haven't used before? Or something else that's different? It can often be just such a thing that Producer is stubbing its toe on. Another culprit can be the soundtrack. Videos can cause problems, too.

In other words, your only recourse is to, one by one, remove or replace a piece of the show, see if it renders correctly, if not, bring back the original slide, and then try with the same process with other things until it renders correctly. Whatever you replaced or deleted will most likely be the culprit.

There's simply no one thing that can cause this sort of problem. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby EJAB » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:51 am

Thanks for your note Barbara. No,, Everything is the same! the style packs are always the same one's,that feature the same Logos,, no soundtrack, other than whats on the Video which is an interview,, the same fade in fade out transitions. It was stopping at the Fifty Two percent video section,, but only when using the "Video for web devices H.D. This show rendered through the DVD selection with no problems,, and also the Adobe Flash,, but will not render fully through Video for web.
As mentioned this was interview number Sixteen. Now having said all that,, I'm now just starting to think of any changes I made not to the show,, but my computer. and the only change I have made,, is changing my security to
Bit Defender.Surely not ??

Again thank you for taking the time to answer.
Kind Regards
EJAB aka John.B. Melbourne Australia.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:27 am

I'm not sure your change in security would have caused the problem. Given that it shows up only with video for web, and given that it consistently stops at the video section, I'd say you've found one of two culprits: Either there's something ever so slightly different about the video itself, or the function in Producer has gone awry.

At this point, and only to make sure this isn't it, you could delete proshow.phd and proshow.cfg from the program folder just in case one of them has gotten slightly corrupted. My gut says this isn't it, but you never know, and there's no harm in refreshing the software this way.

Maybe someone else has more ideas.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:33 am

If the only change was your security software, then disconnect from the internet temporarily, turn the software off temporarily and try the rendering again.

If it works, try to find the place in that software settings to proactively allow it to accept/work with ProShow that is might be currently missing. Also when installing or reinstalling ProShow, it's recommended to turn anti-virus software off, then turn it on AFTER starting up the program once again.

It may not be the problem but doesn't hurt to rule it out.

There are threads in archives (search for +bit +defender) and you'll find at least one case where that software was the problem. Once it was removed, the rendering was able to be completed.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby EJAB » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks to you both,,, I will try all that you have suggested later on through the day.

regards EJAB aka John.b

Postby EJAB » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Well ,, Well,, Well,, First Thank you Barbara and Debngar !!
After much frustration ,, The culprit was in fact Bit-Defender Debngar ! I uninstalled that software and reinstalled Avast and Microsoft, went back to Producer and did the download thing with Video for Web Devices and Computers ,, set it to 1080 AVI,, and rendered without a hitch. Whats got me perplexed is Both Bit/Def and Kaspersky do such a great job in protecting against intruders and the like,,yet appear to interfere with their host from time to time. A tad like the Praying Mantis I suggest except I think,,the female eats the male if he is a bit slow in removing himself from her presence.
Enough.

Thanks again. Kind Regards
EJAB aka John.B

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm glad you were able to work things out. I use Norton and personally only have one anti-virus software installed and running. I have heard having multiple programs of that type running causes headaches.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting