Loop a show to play continuously on a TV

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Loop a show to play continuously on a TV

Postby steetz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 am

Hello... I have a customer who wants to play the show I am creating for him all day on a big screen TV. While creating the output for the DVD I put "loop all" and when it was done, I loaded into my DVD player and when it was finished playing, it stopped and did not loop (or continue playing over an over). I need help - Please and thank you.
Sandy Teetz

Re: Loop a show to play continuously on a TV

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 am

Did you press on "Loop All" with your remote control, or did you press on Play ?

Postby steetz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 am

I looked everywhere on my remote and there is no Loop all.

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:15 am

No, I meant that you need to press on the button "Loop All", that you said that you have created in your DVD menu :D

Postby im42n8 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:30 am

As you probably already know, the "Loop All" option must be included when you create your show for DVD, Blu-Ray, or Exe. You can find the option under the "Customize Menu" option under the Menu tab. Over in the Navigation Settings under the Customize Menu, you'll find options for Show "Loop All" and Show "Play All". Select one or both. Typically, the Loop All option is included by default. There are no options for it (except for changing the caption content) ... so, the video SHOULD loop back to the beginning and start playing again upon playing to the end of the show.

With the option included in your menuing options, you just navigate to it and click on it using your remote.

If this option is only acting as a "Play" button, you might want to re-create the video. De-Select and then select the option and see what happens. You can save the file to an ISO file and then use the program VLC media player to test whether the "Loop All" feature works as expected. If it does, put it on a DVD and then see if it works as expected there. If you have more than one DVD player, try each one. The problem might be the DVD player ... stuff happens.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting