DVD Buring

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

DVD Buring

Postby reptep » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:50 am

Anyone..help!!
Recently got new computer. Windows 7 ( know, I'm behind a little) Upgraded video card and memory so it would be faster. Everything works great except..

Trying to create DVD from the only show I have on the computer. It starts to render and then will completely go off my screen. I check to see if proshow is open and it's not even open. Seems as soon as it starts to render, it closes the program. All my seettings are as they have always been for other shows.

Any clues on this? Everything else on computer is working very well so I'm confused (and of course, frustrated)

thanks for the expert advice

Todd

Re: DVD Buring

Postby cherub » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:38 pm

There can be lots and lots of reasons for burning failure.

Just to rule out everything connected with your disks, or with your DVD burner, try to burn to an ISO file, and see what happens.
Try to watch the rendering process, and if at some point Producer gets stuck and shuts down, try to remember what was in the slide/s that caused the problem.

We can then start troubleshooting from there.

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Checked the burner. I tried to burn a couple of other things like a couple of JPEGS and MP#'s. They burned to the disc and would play back as normal. Once it starts rendering, there is nothing on the slide where it shuts down execept a jpg file.

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Actually mona, it's not even the first slide. It's the the menu page where it shuts down.

Postby cherub » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:50 pm

And what kind of menu did you build?

Does it include video previews or just a static picture?

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm

It only includes a jpg backround photo, a jpg thumbnail, and 2 captions

Postby cherub » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:54 pm

What happens if you replace those jpeg files with something else? (other pictures, for example) ?

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:15 am

Mona
Sorry for the delay in posting.I had proshow on hold as I was posting and finally got through to them.

Apparently, there was a GIF file in the very first slide that was causing the problem. We took it out, saved the show, and then reinstalled the file again. Rendered like a charm. And I think that is what you were tyring to get at. They logged on to my computer which made things go so much faster in fixing the problem.
I will say the girl was just excellent and taught me a few things at the same time.
Of course, this morning when I rebooted my computer, I couldn't pull either the show or couldn't even open Proshow. Had to do another install but all is well, I think

Thanks for your time yesterday.
Todd

Postby cherub » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:35 pm

reptep wrote:Mona
Apparently, there was a GIF file in the very first slide that was causing the problem. We took it out, saved the show, and then reinstalled the file again. Rendered like a charm. And I think that is what you were tyring to get at.

Tod, I'm so glad that you solved the problem.
Yes, that is precisely what I was trying to check too.
As it happens, only last week, a customer of mine, (also a member of this forum), had an identical problem. She used an animated gif in one of the slides, that caused Producer to shut down after only 62% of the rendering.
She sent me her whole show, and the same thing happened on my computer too. After eliminating all sorts of other things, I've found the culprit in that gif file :D
So, there must be something in certain gif files that make Producer choke.
I'm glad that Photodex were able to help you out.

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 am

I complain about having problems...like waiting on hold and such . BUT in every event, there is something to learn and in this case, yet another lesson learned. Guess I'm NOT to old!!!

Postby heckydog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm just guessing about this, but, some gifs have transparency for a designated color. Since PSP doesn't recognize transparency in video files (32 bit mov for example), maybe it's having the same problem with a gif file.

Joe

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 am

heckydog wrote:I'm just guessing about this, but, some gifs have transparency for a designated color. Since PSP doesn't recognize transparency in video files (32 bit mov for example), maybe it's having the same problem with a gif file.

Joe

I don't know about that, Joe.
Producer is supposed to work with transparent gif files, either regular or animated.
The funny thing ,in my customer's case, was that Producer rendered a perfect HD YouTube video. But when trying to make a standard DVD (in her case, an iso), the program got stuck.
I tried to render to Standard YouTube definitions, and it got stuck too.
I think that the problem has to do with the bitrate or the framerate.
The gif I'm talking about, was built out of 10 frames.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting