Setting defaults and file exports/imports from a Mac

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Setting defaults and file exports/imports from a Mac

Postby bbqdad » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:53 am

There are a few defaults I would like to set, but don't see where they might be accessible.

Titles- is there a way to set the font size while in a project and have it locked in as I add titles to slides? Currently
it goes back to a default size and I have to edit each time.

Vignettes- can a factor other than 10% be set and then used for the rest of the project without having to edit this each time?

Is there a repeat the last slide style used command, without having to go back and select it again from the style menu?

The effects tab for a slide defaults to the 1st keyframe. Is there to have if default to the 2nd keyframe-I do more zooming in than out?

Lastly if I have applied a vignette to a slide, is there a way to copy this to other slides? (I usually add this for portrait images that don't fill the frame).

Lastly, creating a video file on a Mac that will open correctly on a Windows machine with PS, what format are you exporting out in that allows to open correctly? Vice versa, what format to you export a show out in that will open on a Mac (using Final Cut) that preserves the audio and can be edited or can be DVD authored with chapter marks in DVD Studio Pro.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Setting defaults and file exports/imports from a Mac

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:41 am

Titles- is there a way to set the font size while in a project and have it locked in as I add titles to slides? Currently it goes back to a default size and I have to edit each time.

It should be remembering the last used font, size, color, and any other things such as spacing, outline, shadow, etc. It shouldn't be reverting to whatever it was originally. "Remembering" is Producer's default behavior.

Vignettes- can a factor other than 10% be set and then used for the rest of the project without having to edit this each time?

No, unfortunately.

Is there a repeat the last slide style used command, without having to go back and select it again from the style menu?

Another unfortunate no.

The effects tab for a slide defaults to the 1st keyframe. Is there to have if default to the 2nd keyframe-I do more zooming in than out?

Yet more unfortunateness. :lol:

Lastly if I have applied a vignette to a slide, is there a way to copy this to other slides? (I usually add this for portrait images that don't fill the frame).

Not exactly, but if those other slides will be similar to the one with the vignette, just copy the slide and replace the photo.

Lastly, creating a video file on a Mac that will open correctly on a Windows machine with PS, what format are you exporting out in that allows to open correctly? Vice versa, what format to you export a show out in that will open on a Mac (using Final Cut) that preserves the audio and can be edited or can be DVD authored with chapter marks in DVD Studio Pro.

Someone else will have to answer this one. I haven't a clue.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Titles- is there a way to set the font size while in a project and have it locked in as I add titles to slides? Currently it goes back to a default size and I have to edit each time.

There's a feature in captions, look for the pane in the Caption Settings window that says Caption Format, then > STYLE button> Add New Style. I seldom use it, but you can create your own caption style, (it's not a slide style, just a pre-made caption style format) and it will appear in that drop down menu choice of styles. I suggest trying to make one with the font size and characteristics you want, then give it a name and save it. Once made, you should be able to apply it with one click to any caption and it should have the same settings each time it's used.

As Barbara stated, there is no repeat last slide style feature. But you can click on a slide to highlight it, then copy/paste a duplicate at a point in your show, then drag new photos into the layers of that newly copied slide to replace the unwanted images.

In the Slide Option window, right-clicking on the vignette button of an image will display choices to copy the vignette to whatever destination slides and layers in those slides you wish. At the same time, additional settings can be chosen to copy from the source to the destination as well. Use the scroll bar in the middle of that window pane to reveal other setting choices to copy using the boxes to tick on/off.

At 5:20 in this tutorial, Jennifer describes how the "copy settings" feature works in the program.
http://www.slideshowblog.com/2011/07/us ... -producer/
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 pm

debngar wrote:In the Slide Option window, right-clicking on the vignette button of an image will display choices to copy the vignette to whatever destination slides and layers in those slides you wish. At the same time, additional settings can be chosen to copy from the source to the destination as well. Use the scroll bar in the middle of that window pane to reveal other setting choices to copy using the boxes to tick on/off.

I always avoid telling people about the Copy Settings screen because I hate it. :evil: :lol:

Barbara

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:13 pm

BarbaraC wrote:I always avoid telling people about the Copy Settings screen because I hate it. :evil: :lol:

Barbara

Works for me..... :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:53 am

Of course it works, but the user needs a lot of familiarity with ProShow to employ it with any kind of ease. That's why Jennifer did a tutorial for it--it's not intuitive--and that's why I don't like it. I use it all the time, but I also find that the screen is too tiny, meaning the print is too tiny, and if slides have more than just a couple layers, you end up scrolling somewhat madly. For the new user, it can mean changing a bunch of things en masse and then realizing not all those things should have been changed, or perhaps the wrong change was applied. In short, it's the design I personally hate.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting