Video Sound Volume

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Video Sound Volume

Postby UnclePaul » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:49 am

Hi,

I am using the latest PSP and wish to add a video to a slide.

I have added it but now find the following..

I can NOT, whatever I try, possibly missed something, get the video volume to be 100% and the default sound track to be 0% during the video playback. I.E. when that slide plays video volume is high and soundtrack gets muted.

If I click on the soundtrack and select, volume during other soundtrack sounds and make it 0%, then the soundtrack AND the video get muted. Not what I am looking for.

In the end I added the video sound to the slide as a separate slide sound, but now I get small volume change bumps at the beginning and end of the slide as the soundtrack comes in and out, as if the soundtrack muting is being handled by two section, and not in sync at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Uncle Paul

Re: Video Sound Volume

Postby cherub » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:49 am

UnclePaul wrote:Hi,
If I click on the soundtrack and select, volume during other soundtrack sounds and make it 0%, then the soundtrack AND the video get muted. Not what I am looking for.

This shouldn't happen.
If indeed you set your volume during other soundtracks to 0, then the sound of your video clip should be heard. This setting is not supposed to mute the sound of your video clip.
It is supposed to affect only the show music track for as long as that video clip is playing.

Check again your video clip in:
Layer Settings > Video Clip Settings > Volume
Make sure you write 100

Postby UnclePaul » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:51 am

Hi,

Thanks for coming back on this.

Indeed, I expected it to work too, sure I have done this in the past, although I was using Gold then.

I did re-check the settings you have given, on the video layer, video clip settings, volume set to 100, did try changing it a wee bit, fade in and out set to zero, did change a bit here too... still to no effect.

If I click on the soundtrack and go to the soundtrack during other sounds and make it 50% then I hear soundtrack and video.. the lower I make the value here the softer both soundtrack and video sound gets. (Other settings in this section I left alone..)

So far I have tried almost every setting I can see but no joy at all..

That is why I ended up taking sound of video and adding it to the slides sound section and then it sort of works, just not ideal and not working as well as I expected as I am getting the soundtrack fading twice at fadeout and fade in sections..

I was hoping I had missed something simple...

Postby UnclePaul » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 am

Hi,

Ok, strange as it seems, got it fixed somehow..

I decided to redo the video in Vegas from mpg to avi, still no joy.

Changed to another slide style, now it works, changed back, still working, changed back to mpg, still working.

Not sure what it was but all I can think is something must have been associated with that slide style that kept causing nonsense, all I know is I am glad its working as expected now.

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.

Regards

Uncle Paul

Postby cherub » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:47 am

I'm glad that you have sorted it out.
Sometimes, when you see glitches like this one, it's easier to delete the problematic slide, and make a new one, starting from scratch.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting