uploading a hi def show to Vimeo

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

uploading a hi def show to Vimeo

Postby nancyrbogen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:59 pm

I can't find any clear instructions as to how one does this. I called Producer tech support 3x and got 3 different sets of instructions. One resulted in a 100 meg file! In Producer my show runs 11 minutes.

I am getting ready to quit Producer.

Before I do so, maybe there is someone somewhere who can bale me out.

Thanks,
Nancy

Re: uploading a hi def show to Vimeo

Postby psychogramma » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Nancy,
Not sure if this will help you or not, but any hidef shows I have created for Vimeo come out well over 100 MB. I would consider 100 MB for an 11 minutes show a small file size.

As to the "how" of it: In the latest version of PSP I go to the "publish" tab and choose "Vimeo" format, click the "create" button, choose the "quality" I want from the drop down list and "save video to my computer".

Hope this helps.

Enjoy all,
Cathy

Valued Member

Postby DanMac » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Some of my HD shows are well over 300MB to Vimeo...
Dan

Postby nancyrbogen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:02 am

Sorry, friends, I was and still am so upset. 100 megs is NOTHING for me. MY other shows on vimeo run up to 500 megs.

Do either of you have shows on vimeo?

Mine are intended to be hi def. To see what I mean, have a look-listen to one of mine:

https://vimeo.com/63813768

Best,
Nancy

Postby tdew » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:31 am

For Vimeo I usually choose
video for web devices and computers in ProShow
then MPEG-4
and either 1080 or 720 -
Of course 1080 takes longer to upload.

Postby psychogramma » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 am

Nancy,
I have videos uploaded to vimeo, most are private but there are about 5 public. vimeo id is CathyCMC.

Either of the methods outlined to you here (mine or tdew's) should get you hidef.

Vimeo usually tells me I could have uploaded a lesser quality and it would upgrade it, but that bothers me, so I choose the best quality.

Enjoy all,

Cathy

Postby tdew » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:56 am

Cathy, I started putting videos on vimeo before proshow added the option, so I've just kept with it.
I like having the flexibility to use the shows in different ways, so I usually archive an .iso of the dvd, the collected show files and the video files in both HD formats and the MPG format as well to a different hard drive and also to a dvd (data) or two, just to be sure I can get it back another time.

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 am

Since you didn't say you had a failure exactly - only wanted to know how to do this using Producer, here are the steps.

Publish > For Web Devices and Computers> >Web > Vimeo> Create >

Pick desired quality from the drop down menu, fill in the other blanks. I suggest rather than uploading through Producer, click "Save To My Computer" and give the file a name. Upload at the site.

If you are getting partially through the process but it's not completing, I found two things that can help facilitate the creating/upload process to these kinds of sites.

1. Creating the output video file - click the "save to computer" button in the lower left corner instead of uploading it in the file creating process. The button shows up after hitting the create button in the VIMEO window. The file only needs to be created once. If uploading fails, then you still have the file and the rendering doesn't need repeating. After the file rendering process is complete, go to the Vimeo site and upload the video file from there, not through ProShow. I do this (using YouTube which hosts my videos) and have the best results doing it that way.

2. Internet connections usually work faster hardwired than wirelessly. Some large files I've needed to download would not complete with wireless but worked with a hardwired connection. If you're connected via wireless to the internet, try connecting hardwired to the internet and upload the file that way.

If you still have problems, it could be an anti-virus/firewall setting is preventing the upload or an administrator permission problem that was not a problem before is causing an upload failure.

Good Luck. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting